Is There A Way To Circumvent The Minimum Duration For A Still Slide?

jeaniesing

Question

5 answers to this question

Its one of those artistic things... .3 seconds is ust the teeniest bit longer than the steady beat of the music... can I change that somewhere?!

Thanks in advance

You have got to be kidding. The answer is no. Change the pitch of the music. At 0.3 seconds, no one but you will even see the photo.

You have got to be kidding. The answer is no. Change the pitch of the music. At 0.3 seconds, no one but you will even see the photo.

not kidding... :huh:... and it is a simple effect, toggling quickly between 2 pictures to the beat of a song... the flashes between the 2 allow you to see both...

the "options" allows me to set the default to .1... but no "hundredths"... ah well... thanks for the encouragement :)

Its one of those artistic things... .3 seconds is ust the teeniest bit longer than the steady beat of the music... can I change that somewhere?!

Thanks in advance

Like Bruce, I can't imagine why you would want something less than .3 seconds, but that is the minimum duration you can get from Videowave. However, there maybe two things you could try:

1. Place all your pictures on the storyboard and set the duration to .3. Then add dissolve transitions in between all the pictures and set the transition duration to the minimum of .1. That will effectively shorten the total time of all the still pictures. For example, if 12 still pictures are added, set to a .3 duration, and no transitions, the total time is about 4 seconds. Adding dissolve transitions set to a duration of .1 seconds reduces the total time by about 1 second. And, because the transition duration is so short, it is almost as if no transition is used when previewed.

If that does not get it fast enough or you do not like the transition effect, here is another thing to try:

2. Place all pictures on the storyboard and set the duration to .3. Do an File\Output Production To... and output the pictures as a video file, either MPEG2 or DV AVI. When complete, import that video file into a new Videowave project, point to and right click on the file, and select Edit\Adjust. Increase the speed of the video (top slider) until you get the speed you want.

Archived