Has Anyone Tried The New Dvd Slide/video Software?

IMD

Before I download yet another Roxio product, I was wondering if this new thing had any additional transitions or effects that the EMC bundle does not?

Love making slideshows, but if it is all the same as what is in EMC10, it would be kind of useless.

Anyone do it yet?

IMD

Before I download yet another Roxio product, I was wondering if this new thing had any additional transitions or effects that the EMC bundle does not?

Love making slideshows, but if it is all the same as what is in EMC10, it would be kind of useless.

Anyone do it yet?

IMD

There's a trial version available if you're refering to the PhotoShow. I downloaded it and tried it and it's not the same as the EMC bundle. It appears to me to appeal to a slightly different market in the look and 'feel' of the program.

The free 'online' service of PhotoShow is also very easy to use if you want to upload your photos.

Yes, PhotoShow 5. Somehow or other with all the stuff going on with main computer the replies didn't get back to me until I booted up notebook, so I apologize for not answering sooner. And I just had to convince Norton you aren't spam ;) With so many computers it is sometimes hard to keep track of what is going on...on which computer.

Was just wondering if there are any new or additional transitions (as they can make the slideshows so much fun if you time them right with the right music).

Patty...would you care to expand? I do have EMC10 and all the versions before that, but just wondered if there is anything new in Photoshow 5. I don't need the editing stuff as I use Lightroom and Adobe CS3, and Corel (both latest Painter and Photo)...but I do love great transitions.

IMD

Thanks! I think I'll try the trial version just to see. I don't need their service, at least I don't think so, I'll have to check it out. I have two servers here and one is a streaming 2TB, with an additional 2TB piped in. There is a third server as well, but that is primarily for my own use to access files when traveling.

Comes to photos I am the biggest sucker in the world. Cyberlink has a new version too, I just haven't gotten around to it because I've been busy. They have some nice transitions there too, but they are geared more towards video, and whilst I do have two video cameras, I almost never use them. In my opinion, unless it is some fantastic event (like a UFO Landing ;) ) I'd rather catch it on still. Even then, with the RAW files and the ability to have the camera document whether the image has been altered or not, and given the fact that anyone can alter images (that is why the optional 'not been altered feature' is a must for people such as I, you get a far better photo with a still. My Nikon D3 can shoot HD video as well, and it has 2 12GB cards in it...so I'll have to try that out. Still haven't. Wonder what that would look like, and how it would edit, frame by frame?

Questions always bring more questions. That's why I love both photography and computers...always new discoveries to make. :)

IMD

Archived