• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgrade From Creator 7.5 To 9

rams24

Question

I have a similar type qusetion. I have Media Creator 7.5 and have not used it in a while. I was wondering if I should upgrade to a newer vesrion. I have windows 2000 professional and not XP or Vista. I'm not sure if version 10 will work

If not, is there a better version than 7.5 which is worth upgrading to?

13 answers to this question

I have windows professional 2000 and media creator 7.5

is it worthwhile to upgrade to version 9?

That depends on what YOU want to do. Only you can make that determination. Sort of like asking us if you should buy a new car when the one you have works fine. The only current version on the Roxio site is EMC 10. You may want to look at some on-line stores if you want to go to EMC 9 (skip 8). If you are thnking about upgrading to EMC 9 just to have the latest version, then don't.

Other than Slide shows and video editing, what other applications in EMC 7.5 are you using. I found that there is a steep learning curve between 7.5 to 9. You almost have to start from scratch learning the newer version. I liked the old Sound Editor better.

Lynn,

EMC 9 Suite rev c (build 910B68R) IS compatible with WIN2000 with sp4 or later per the retail box that I am looking at right now.

Dave

Digital Guru Dave DeweyWright has Win2000, and found when he downloaded the update from 9.0 to 9.1 that it was no longer compatible with Win2000. And Sonic/Roxio didn't change that. I'm not aware of any other program that has become inoperable with a given Operating Sytem as a result of an update (as opposed to an upgrade).

Lynn

Digital Guru Dave DeweyWright has Win2000, and found when he downloaded the update from 9.0 to 9.1 that it was no longer compatible with Win2000. And Sonic/Roxio didn't change that. I'm not aware of any other program that has become inoperable with a given Operating Sytem as a result of an update (as opposed to an upgrade).

Lynn

That's very different from what Roxio is saying.

Who is correct, Lyn? Could this involve a lawsuit?

Doesn't make sense??? If it were widespread, there would have been complaints by now.

W2K has a very small following but large enough that if the 9.1 caused trouble, we would have heard.

Sorry to be so late to get in on this discussion. EMC 9.1 won't even try to install on Windows 2000, saying that you have to have XP or later. But that was a full install of 9.1. Is there an "update" to 9.1? I can try that out.

Just found this which indicates the update should work with W2K. I'll give that a shot when I get home.

I have a similar type qusetion. I have Media Creator 7.5 and have not used it in a while. I was wondering if I should upgrade to a newer vesrion. I have windows 2000 professional and not XP or Vista. I'm not sure if version 10 will work

Version 8 (junk) will work with Windows 2000, and EMC 9, without the update,will work with it, but EMC 10 will not work with Windows 2000.

thanks do you know if there is much of a difference where it is worth upgrading to 9.0 from 7.5

Also would I be better off removing 7.5 and installing 9.0 or will upgrade work fine

Archived