Choosing Chapter Thumbnails

busymom

Question

Hi Everybody,

I'm working on a video using the main menu screen, with 4 chapters. I already marked the chapters, and it links just fine to where I want it to go, but it won't show the picture on the thumbnail. It just shows a blank screen for each of the chapters. I've done this before with no problem, so, I'm stumped. Help.

11 answers to this question

Hi Everybody,

I'm working on a video using the main menu screen, with 4 chapters. I already marked the chapters, and it links just fine to where I want it to go, but it won't show the picture on the thumbnail. It just shows a blank screen for each of the chapters. I've done this before with no problem, so, I'm stumped. Help.

Do you mean that you have 4 separate video clips (called titles in EMC) on the main menu screen? Chapter are usually created as sub-menus under a Title. How did you mark the chapters?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I used MyDVD to create my movie. Then, I clicked on Edit Chapters. I marked where I wanted each chapter to start. I have a total of 5 chapters. So, I have my Main page with the title of the video on it, and the link "Menu". When you click on "Menu", it goes to another page with the first 3 chapters on it, with blank thumbnails, along with arrows to take you to another page with the last 2 chapters, also with blank thumbnails. The links work when you click on them, but I can't get the picture to show up on the menu page within the thumbnail. The thumbnail picture shows up when I'm editing the chapters. It just doesn't appear on the menu page. Sorry if I'm not explaining it very well. I have the feeling it's probably something really simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Thanks, Kris

I just realized I don't have the "Generate chapter menus..." check box in the lower left hand corner of the edit Chapters box. The only box there to check is "update chapter menus". Is there some reason I don't have that option? Thanks

Hi everybody,

Well, I got my son to give me a hand with this. He helped me update my video card driver and the DirectX9. My video card is a Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family. I have a Toshiba laptop. It's worked fine for me just as long as I don't go too crazy with the graphics.

So, I went back in to give it another shot. And, still no thumbnails. I just don't get it. I made a video last week using 5 chapters with all working just great. I'm wondering if there's some little check box I checked or unchecked somewhere since last week. I have to have a video finished for Friday, and it looks like it's going to have to be one with no chapter access, because I can't give it to them with blank chapter screens. Thanks for the assistance, I'll give it another shot after work tonight. Kris

Archived