• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Mp3's To Disc

SeanK

My version of Roxio Version 6 came bundled with a Plextor drive I purchased. When I use MP3 project maker, it doesn't seem to play on my Bose system in my trailblazer. In Windows explorer, I see all the tracks on the disc plus an executable and playlist, but when I play it in my car, it seems there is one large track that is running but no sound is coming out. I try to forward to the next track but there is none. When I am burning the project, while it is burning it states "Track 01 of 01" and not all 50+ tracks. Thanks

First question would be does the player in your car play mp3's?Not all players do.

When you make an mp3 disc that's what you get,1 track.If the player will handle playlists then you can jump around.If not it will just play from beginning to end.

An mp3 disc is not an Audio disc.It is a data disc that plays music.When you make a data disc everything shows as being on 1 track.

First question would be does the player in your car play mp3's?Not all players do.

When you make an mp3 disc that's what you get,1 track.If the player will handle playlists then you can jump around.If not it will just play from beginning to end.

An mp3 disc is not an Audio disc.It is a data disc that plays music.When you make a data disc everything shows as being on 1 track.

It is a 2007 Trailblazer with the "high-end" Bose system - I assume it would play MP3's. However, I will check my manual this afternoon and get with Bose to verify. Thanks

I checked my owners manual and it states it plays MP3s.

Next question would be what program are you using?

In V6, Audio Central is the only one that can combine songs onto one track. It only does that if you tell it to.

With V6, I would use Creator Classic. On the Project tab, click on Music and select MP3 Player Disc. This will create a Play List which you can edit to set the sequence of songs. (assumes your player can use a play list)

Or you can just add the files to a Data Disc Project and they should work but you lose the control over file play order.

Next question would be what program are you using?

In V6, Audio Central is the only one that can combine songs onto one track. It only does that if you tell it to.

With V6, I would use Creator Classic. On the Project tab, click on Music and select MP3 Player Disc. This will create a Play List which you can edit to set the sequence of songs. (assumes your player can use a play list)

Or you can just add the files to a Data Disc Project and they should work but you lose the control over file play order.

You are correct. I have used Creator Classic and chose the MP3 Player Disc option. I have tried formatting with the UDF102 with Joliet Bridge option and Joliet. Neither one worked. I haven't tried the ISO#### option yet.

I will try this afternoon to burn 100+ mp3's to a data disc project and see if that works.

Thanks

Joliet is what you want to use. I doubt any Audio Player can read UDF. Also make sure you are set to Finalize the disc so it is Read Only! Players will not play discs with open sessions.

The mp3 and Audio CD functions were removed from Creator Classic some time after V6 so I can't really do any testing as V9 and V10 are all I have installed.

Joliet is what you want to use. I doubt any Audio Player can read UDF. Also make sure you are set to Finalize the disc so it is Read Only! Players will not play discs with open sessions.

The mp3 and Audio CD functions were removed from Creator Classic some time after V6 so I can't really do any testing as V9 and V10 are all I have installed.

Thanks for the help. I was just burning the disc assuming it would finalize. I will verify this is occurring. I will set the Default as Joliet also.

Archived