• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
sknis

I Love My VLC

Question

I have easy media creator 7 installed. Operating system is win XP2. I have an external LaCie d2 DVDRW/CDRW and it won't play a dvd. I have tried playing dvd with windows media player 11 and an error says I need to install a dvd encoder compatable with windows media player. Does anyone know if Media Creator 7 has an encoder included in its installation.

Why don't you do as suggested? Go here for the WMP decoder.

EMC 7 should have a player but I don't remember what it is called. The later versions have CinePlayer. That should play the DVD also.

You must be one of the lucky ones getting EMC 7 to work when WMP 11 is also loaded. In many cases, IE 7 and WMP 11 cause the EMC products not to work properly.

9 answers to this question

my 2 cents here

forget about wmp, and go to www.videolan.org and install VLC player. You will be able to play dvds and almost 99% of all video formats.

That you solve your problems :rolleyes:

my 2 cents here

forget about wmp, and go to www.videolan.org and install VLC player. You will be able to play dvds and almost 99% of all video formats.

That you solve your problems :rolleyes:

There are a lot of people that do not care for the idea of having one little free utility on our PC's that only do one task.

After a time you seem to end up with dozens of them and then you start having trouble with strange conflicts…

Just looking at the other side of the coin.

There are a lot of people that do not care for the idea of having one little free utility on our PC's that only do one task.

After a time you seem to end up with dozens of them and then you start having trouble with strange conflicts…

Just looking at the other side of the coin.

I would agree on that if you were talking of a package of codecs, but VLC wont cause any problems and it is still the number 1 option for videos and DVD on PC and MAC. VLC wont install codecs that when you decide to unisntall are left on your pc. Take it from a freak that formats his pc every 4 to 6 months :lol:

I would agree on that if you were talking of a package of codecs, but VLC wont cause any problems and it is still the number 1 option for videos and DVD on PC and MAC. VLC wont install codecs that when you decide to unisntall are left on your pc. Take it from a freak that formats his pc every 4 to 6 months :lol:

Right!

Right!

Perhaps the poster needs to do that because of all the one function free-bees that the poster adds - frequently.

Guest ml
Does anyone know if Media Creator 7 has an encoder included in its installation.

If you have Easy Media Creator 7, you have both CinePlayer and under Extra and Utilities / Roxio Player included in the program. Both of them will play DVDs.

Plus, you probably have another DVD playing program that was installed with your burner.

Allow me to add a 'me too' for VLC Media Player. It's small, fast and plays anything you can throw at it.