• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio When Importing A .mov File

Ryobiman

Question

I have no problem when importing other file types, .avi, mpeg, asf etc. When I import a .mov file I lose the audio. It happens on all .mov files I have tried, (6). I am using EMC10 with XP home, sp3.

Also, I can burn DVD's and export to file fine if I don't trim the files, but if I do trimming and editing, it crashes the program consistently. This doesn't happen with any other type of file I have tried, only .mov files.

Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

Sounds like there is something wrong with these files???

What is the source of them?

The source is a Aiptek camcorder. The files play fine in Quicktime, and directly to the TV from the camcorder, and in the Arcsoft software that came with the camcorder. The only problem seems to be with the Roxio software.

I have no problem when importing other file types, .avi, mpeg, asf etc. When I import a .mov file I lose the audio. It happens on all .mov files I have tried, (6). I am using EMC10 with XP home, sp3.

Also, I can burn DVD's and export to file fine if I don't trim the files, but if I do trimming and editing, it crashes the program consistently. This doesn't happen with any other type of file I have tried, only .mov files.

Thanks for any help.

I had the same problems using an AIPTEK HD-DV Camcorder...

On the advice of one of the Gurus SKNIS..Steve the other one.. :)

I downloaded Cyberlink Power Director to convert these files to mpeg's..

and they are ok once converted..

:D

I had the same problems using an AIPTEK HD-DV Camcorder...

On the advice of one of the Gurus SKNIS..Steve the other one.. :)

I downloaded Cyberlink Power Director to convert these files to mpeg's..

and they are ok once converted..

:D

Gold Wave will also accept the video and "adjust" the audio. They have a liberal trial period.

Archived