Royal Blue Thin Edge On Output

bcrandco

Question

Hi,

I've created a few dvd intros with videowave and I'm getting a thin royal blue edge on the left and top. I'm working with 4:3. It's a mix of mpg, solid panels and tiffs. The edge is on the solid panels and mpg but it seems not on the tiffs. (I also added sound). It's in the preview as well as the final output, but not on the inserted mpg if I view them outside videowave. Is there some adjustment to be made?

Thanks

Michael

13 answers to this question

Problem solved! Sknis, it was a post that you had made on another question- I switched to software rendering and the line is gone. (Wasn't even aware of the option...)Thanks for you help.

Michael

Great ! Software rendering solves a lot of problems. I don't find the loss of some of the 3D transitions a great problem when you compare getting a project done without the transitions VS not getting it done with the transitions.

Hardware rendering was a great idea but it seems to have been poorly implemented and may be getting worse !

The way I understand it, hardware render ONLY works for 3D stuff anyway which I never use.

Unfortunately, some of my favorite transitions are in the 3D group. I used to use the page turns all the time in my productions in version 7.

I think you lose around 100 transitions when you switch from hardware render to software render.

Unfortunately, some of my favorite transitions are in the 3D group. I used to use the page turns all the time in my productions in version 7.

I think you lose around 100 transitions when you switch from hardware render to software render.

Unfortunately, you have lost a lot more than transitions since EMC 7 and 7.5. Wasn't that about the time that Roxio became Soxio?

Sounds like it may be related to your video card set up around transitions. What video card/computer do you have?

Problem solved! Sknis, it was a post that you had made on another question- I switched to software rendering and the line is gone. (Wasn't even aware of the option...)Thanks for you help.

Michael

Is the line outside the TV safe zone ? Read this.

It is. But I wonder if that's the problem because it's not everywhere. I have replaced the colour panels with black tif files and the blue edge there is gone. Now I'm only left with them on the imported mpegs. These have all been trimmed in Videowave. What I'm also noticing is that for the first few seconds of the mpeg the picture is slightly blurry - then it pops into focus and the edge is gone. Then just before the end of the clip the edge and fuzziness returns. If the clips are short, the edge never disappears and it remains fuzzy. I hope this info sheds some more light. projects with colour panels and tiffs only work fine.

Thanks

One more observation: I just used My DVD to put together the movie with an intro and menu - the intro is fine, but the graphic on the menue (The default one with the "home theatre" view) also has the blue edge on the left and top....

It is. But I wonder if that's the problem because it's not everywhere. I have replaced the colour panels with black tif files and the blue edge there is gone. Now I'm only left with them on the imported mpegs. These have all been trimmed in Videowave. What I'm also noticing is that for the first few seconds of the mpeg the picture is slightly blurry - then it pops into focus and the edge is gone. Then just before the end of the clip the edge and fuzziness returns. If the clips are short, the edge never disappears and it remains fuzzy. I hope this info sheds some more light. projects with colour panels and tiffs only work fine.

Thanks

Sounds like it may be related to your video card set up around transitions. What video card/computer do you have?

Hi,

I've created a few dvd intros with videowave and I'm getting a thin royal blue edge on the left and top. I'm working with 4:3. It's a mix of mpg, solid panels and tiffs. The edge is on the solid panels and mpg but it seems not on the tiffs. (I also added sound). It's in the preview as well as the final output, but not on the inserted mpg if I view them outside videowave. Is there some adjustment to be made?

Thanks

Michael

Is the line outside the TV safe zone ? Read this.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+, 2.oGB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, 512 (also have the Hauppauge WinTV installed, if that matters) XP Pro

Funny thing is I did one clip of another mpg and exported it and it worked fine, but if I reopen it in VideoWave I get the blue line now. Also, if I open the file in VideoWave that came with EMC 7.5, there's no blue line.

Thanks

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+, 2.oGB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, 512 (also have the Hauppauge WinTV installed, if that matters) XP Pro

Funny thing is I did one clip of another mpg and exported it and it worked fine, but if I reopen it in VideoWave I get the blue line now. Also, if I open the file in VideoWave that came with EMC 7.5, there's no blue line.

Thanks

I Just tried outputting the above mentioned project again, and there is no line ever, although it does appear in the VW preview throughout.

If I look at the VW preview for the project I'm having problems with, the line is there throughout on the mpg clips, but as I mentioned, when I converted it to mpg, it would disappear on the longer clips after a few seconds. I have uploaded a clip - maybe it will make more sense if you see it.

www.ambcr.net/clip.mpg

Would it be any different if I burned it to a DVD/VOB rather than mpg?...just tried that - no different

Archived