• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Message: Muxstatuscode Dvditpro Hd V 6.4

Wink Tinkler

Question

OK

Anyone? Long project, have over 100 hours and trying to create Blue Ray Volume ..

All simulates perfectly.

During write volume to hard disk portion ... after 3 plus hours of process

Error

Adding Assets to DB

Mux Controller (dialog box / error box header)

MuxStatusCode: MUX_SN_E_IO; I/O ERROR

Any suggestions? Have googled and searched this forum with no luck.

SScott? anyone?

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

I would not rebuild the menus at this point. I would simply pull the video assets out of the transcode folders and replace the video assets in your project with the transcodes. Of course you are still going to have significant time in building the slideshows, but your overall time should be significantly shaved. apologies for the timesuck, hopefully this solves the problem. if not we'll try something else.

Thanks for help Scott. It is fixed. I am still not sure what happened but will describe process I followed, in addition to your suggestions.

The MUXSTATUSCODE error started after having created 90% of my production, and at that stage I had burned BD-RE etc. which worked

I save project versions at every step of the way (sometimes even after making minor changes, even to menus or links), so I went back to the

last version which burned correctly

I had added a final Avid Media Composer QT Reference movie with its audio, linked it to menu and simulated it, etc. and after that the MUXERROR AROSE in DVDIt Pro HD

I went back to Avid and re-created the sequence, same exact files, same WAV file etc. and saved it under different name.

I deleted the Movie and asset in DVDIt HD Pro, then Added the Movie QT Ref file again (different name), and linked to correct menu, and voila'! went thru the process of building volume and later burn to BD-RE and all works as expected.

The only think I can think of is ? a long shot, the original name of the QT Ref Movie included the ' &' character (the filename before & after sequences) and I simply re created it as before-after sequences ... using a '-' instead of the '&'

The assets were created during Volume build in both cases and present in the Project directory tree

but I am wondering whether the MUX process spit out the former with the & in the file name ?? Probably not, but really have no other findings. No bad or corrupt TIFF files or WAV files or change in the actual files in the final project.

Thanks again for your support

HAVE other question regarding audio levels (volume) which I will ask in separate post

sorry for the error. that could be OS related, or a bad file...not sure. what is in the project? what type of video assets are you using? If you are transcoding video for your project, you could grab the transcodes (located in a folder called Project in the location referenced at File > Preferences > File Control). Pull the transcodes into another folder and then import those into your project and replace the other assets and try again.

sorry for the error. that could be OS related, or a bad file...not sure. what is in the project? what type of video assets are you using? If you are transcoding video for your project, you could grab the transcodes (located in a folder called Project in the location referenced at File > Preferences > File Control). Pull the transcodes into another folder and then import those into your project and replace the other assets and try again.

DO YOU MEAN 'pull the transcodes' the whole transcodes directory or ONLY the specific m2v and wav files (excluding all of the buttons and all other assets generated to the point when the program puked?

If you mean only the actual asset files (movies, wav files) that implies recreating all of the menus etc.?

PLEASE READ ON BELOW? other question? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for prompt reply SS Scott

I tried again (5 hrs in Write Volume to Hard Disk process) and it failed again with exact message (as I expected)

The files are Quick Time Reference Movies from Avid Media Composer, at 1080p, using DNxHD 175 X and WAV files at correct spec expected by DVDIt Pro HD, already created in the OMFI folder for Avid. These worked before to build full BD volume and burn. see below

as well as 5 Slide Shows with still TIFF files built from within the DVDIt Pro HD interface with WAV files also at spec in the slide shows and for some background audio on some of the menus.

4 basic menus with 1 Playlist, and direct links to some of the Slide Shows on other menus etc. Pretty straightforward menu structure.

The funny thing is I went thru this process, and actually wrote a BD volume to BD-RE a couple of days ago, with all the assets from Avid as well as the Slide Shows mentioned above, same ones. THEN .... I added ... see below ..

I simply added extra menus to the project and one last Avid MC Movie, etc. and now it won't finish.

I did have the TEMP folder files to not be erased so have all of the transoced files etc. in there to whatever point before the software fails.

QUESTIONS?

At the MUXING level,

does that message IMPLY that the software is FINISHED with all of the asset building or importing of video, and is building the final volume,

or could it still show that message if there are assets which have not been completely processed, transcoded etc.?

Is there a way to find out 'which' file it is puking out or stopping the MUX process at? from log or otherwise?

I do have the transcodes etc.

thanks SS Scott

I would not rebuild the menus at this point. I would simply pull the video assets out of the transcode folders and replace the video assets in your project with the transcodes. Of course you are still going to have significant time in building the slideshows, but your overall time should be significantly shaved. apologies for the timesuck, hopefully this solves the problem. if not we'll try something else.

Archived