• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic Oem

booperq

Question

I download music videos online and was trying to get them on DVD to watch on my home theater system. I am using this program above and shows that it is burning them on to my DVD's but when I go put the DVD in to watch on my home theater system it says bad disc and wondered what I am doing wrong?

Can anyone help?

9 answers to this question

Coming from where you started to figuring out what you did and finally making everything work is a sign of someone that does know software pretty good. Congratulations ! Stick around the forum and take it from me, you will learn a lot more about how your Roxio program works and all the great things it can do.

Frank

Will do thanks for all the tips!

What section of the program are you using to burn these dvd's? I burn dvd's with the Disc Copier program section to make DVD player compatible discs. Can you preview the videos ok in the disc copier program before burning? Do they play on your computer ok?

As Paul said - you may have an issue with media compatibility also.

I was using the DVD builder to do it but guess that was wrong and will give what you suggested a try. I am very new to this and really have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks.

I download music videos online and was trying to get them on DVD to watch on my home theater system. I am using this program above and shows that it is burning them on to my DVD's but when I go put the DVD in to watch on my home theater system it says bad disc and wondered what I am doing wrong?

Can anyone help?

It's hard to tell where the problem is. Some dvd players don't like certain brands of media and some don't like home made discs either. Make sure you're using a brand that your player recommends. Make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

Please explain exactly what steps you took as I'm not sure how you made your dvd. Also list your system specs.

I was using the DVD builder to do it but guess that was wrong and will give what you suggested a try. I am very new to this and really have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks.

You use DVD Builder to burn you DVD project but you can burn to an iso (or image file) first and then you use Disc COpier to burn the iso file to the DVD. To create the iso file you uncheck "burn to disc" and checkmark "create image"

Could you please detail the steps you took as you were asked in a previous post. At the moment we have no idea what you are doing. Just copying the downloaded files to a DVD does not create a DVD video disck that can be played on a DVD player.

You use DVD Builder to burn you DVD project but you can burn to an iso (or image file) first and then you use Disc COpier to burn the iso file to the DVD. To create the iso file you uncheck "burn to disc" and checkmark "create image"

Could you please detail the steps you took as you were asked in a previous post. At the moment we have no idea what you are doing. Just copying the downloaded files to a DVD does not create a DVD video disck that can be played on a DVD player.

Ok here's the deal! I probably wasn't making myself clear because I have no idea what I am or doing haha but think that I figured it out. I download music videos off the internet such as 80 metal videos that MTV shows nomore and save them to a file. I wanted to burn them onto a DVD to play on my DVD home theater system so that I can watch them on TV. I got the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 that someone suggested to me that would burn the videos. I played around with it but no results so had some time on my hand and finally figured it out. I played around on the DVD Builder and clicked on Ad New DVD Title and put a music video in the menue. Clicked on it again and added another video and so on. Put 12 videos in the menue burned them and they play on my home theater system.

That's it.

Ok here's the deal! I probably wasn't making myself clear because I have no idea what I am or doing haha but think that I figured it out. I download music videos off the internet such as 80 metal videos that MTV shows nomore and save them to a file. I wanted to burn them onto a DVD to play on my DVD home theater system so that I can watch them on TV. I got the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 that someone suggested to me that would burn the videos. I played around with it but no results so had some time on my hand and finally figured it out. I played around on the DVD Builder and clicked on Ad New DVD Title and put a music video in the menue. Clicked on it again and added another video and so on. Put 12 videos in the menue burned them and they play on my home theater system.

That's it.

I am glad that you got it sorted. Half the fun and misery of the software is learning it. :)

I am glad that you got it sorted. Half the fun and misery of the software is learning it. :)

Yes! Most software is easy for me to use but the easiest to use and is right there in front of my face turns in to the hardest software to use hahaha! But I hear what you are saying.

Coming from where you started to figuring out what you did and finally making everything work is a sign of someone that does know software pretty good. Congratulations ! Stick around the forum and take it from me, you will learn a lot more about how your Roxio program works and all the great things it can do.

Frank

Can anyone help?

What section of the program are you using to burn these dvd's? I burn dvd's with the Disc Copier program section to make DVD player compatible discs. Can you preview the videos ok in the disc copier program before burning? Do they play on your computer ok?

As Paul said - you may have an issue with media compatibility also.

Archived