• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

24p Blu-ray Disc

indeliblesigh

Question

Has anyone been able to burn a Blu-Ray disc in 24p? I've had so many problems just getting it to burn, and I've finally gotten to that stage, but it plays back at 30fps--resulting in jittery video. I've been exporting via Compressor to an 8-bit uncompressed high-def Quicktime file and have let Toast 9's encode it to AVC (since MPEG-2 has yielded poor results). Has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

No, it's actually a problem with playback, not the TV. I went frame-by-frame and counted: it's playing back at 30fps. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I did some digging around, and I found a previous post where someone discusses the same problem:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37171

Does Toast just not handle anything besides 30 and 25 fps?

Let me ask:

Are you trying to convert either a Film (which is recorded at 24p) to a Video (which converts to basically 30fps) which Toast supports?

OR

Are you trying to burn NTSC (30fps) content to PAL (24p), which is think is the reason for the Jittery video?

It may be that you simply need to change the Toast video/audio preferences from the default NTSC to PAL. I would have to test this out to be sure. Unless you can provide more info on what your steps are, it’s hard to say.

Let me ask:

Are you trying to convert either a Film (which is recorded at 24p) to a Video (which converts to basically 30fps) which Toast supports?

OR

Are you trying to burn NTSC (30fps) content to PAL (24p), which is think is the reason for the Jittery video?

It may be that you simply need to change the Toast video/audio preferences from the default NTSC to PAL. I would have to test this out to be sure. Unless you can provide more info on what your steps are, it’s hard to say.

Neither, actually. I'm using a Panasonic HVX200 which records NTSC content at 24p to give it a more "film-like" look. So I just want it to record the disc at 24p. The Quicktime file that I mentioned is already set-up properly, so I just need Toast to "understand" that it's not 30fps and shouldn't be converted to 30fps.

Thanks.

I don't have any 24p content so I can't answer but there is a feature on my Samsung HDTV that requires I set it to 24p to play back discs with this framerate on my Bluray DVD player. Have you looked at that?

Freecam

No, it's actually a problem with playback, not the TV. I went frame-by-frame and counted: it's playing back at 30fps. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Archived