• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Seem To Edit Video

dressagequeen

Question

Hi

I am not at all computer literate, but getting better. I just bought a refurbished computer and I've installed EMC 9. I imported some video from my sony camcorder and when I go to edit it the video appears down in the timeline but not up in the preview. I can trim the start and the end but I want to delete scenes and make it shorter. When I click on the video I get a blank window that says something about invalid files.

Hi

I can't seem to do anything with these videos. I tried just looking at it in My DVD but I get a black screen preview. I can watch the unedited video on my computer using windows media player. but EMC 9 doesn't seem to see the video.

more info:

I bought this computer so I could edit and produce DVD's to sell my horses. the computer is a Gateway E4100 3.2ghz 1.2 RAM and not many programs on it. just MS office and RollerCoaster Tycoon. the OS is Win XP pro

thanks

Erica

5 answers to this question

Hi

I am not at all computer literate, but getting better. I just bought a refurbished computer and I've installed EMC 9. I imported some video from my sony camcorder and when I go to edit it the video appears down in the timeline but not up in the preview. I can trim the start and the end but I want to delete scenes and make it shorter. When I click on the video I get a blank window that says something about invalid files.

thanks

Erica

I don't understand the bolded text in your post. On the one hand you say you can trim the video but then say if you click the video you get the error message. Could you describe exactly what you are doing in more detail. What kind of camcorder do you have, DV avi (tape), DVD or hard drive? How are you "capturing" to you PC? In what format?

You also left out a very important detail in your system specs - the video/graphics card! Do you have the latest drivers for the card? Do you have the full retail version of EMC 9?

I'm not trying to burn the DVD in VW. I'm trying to cut out scenes I don't need and make it shorter. Also make one short enogh for youtube.

I think the video/graphics card may be the problem. I bought the computer at a surplus sale from our local college and it may not have a video/graphics card. What would be the best one to buy? Thanks

Erica

I'm not trying to burn the DVD in VW. I'm trying to cut out scenes I don't need and make it shorter. Also make one short enogh for youtube.

I think the video/graphics card may be the problem. I bought the computer at a surplus sale from our local college and it may not have a video/graphics card. What would be the best one to buy? Thanks

Erica

Post the make and model number of the computer an we may be able to help. Lap top or desk top?

Go to Windows, start, run, type in dxdiag, then click OK, when the window opens go to the display tab. One the left will be the video device you have and on the right will be the driver version. Post both here.

Since you only want to upload to YouTube, you might want to try Buzz light. It is free for now but the free version is going away soon.

Sounds like something is missing in the process…

The usual steps are to open VideoWave then Add the video clip into VW.

Do you trims and Save (dmsm file).

Close VW and open MyDVD.

Add Title and select the dmsm file from VW.

VW is a robust editor but doesn't burn discs.

MyDVD is a robust DVD interface designer and burning program but not for editing.

Archived