• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture Problems

John CLark

Question

Hello again. First off, I've had a computer for about 9 years now and still don't know what I'm doing most of the time. Anyway, I am trying to transfer VHS tapes onto my computer to transfer to DVD. During playback I seem to get the "Max Headroom" effect on some of the playback. It is only in spots. My OS is Windows XP with Service Pack #2. I am using the Dazzle 90 Capture device. My computer is a HP 763n, with 1.50 GB of ram. I hope I have given enough information. Thanks in advance.

John Clark

4 answers to this question

The first question would be have you ever had good capture with your setup in the 6 months or so since you came to the board???

I am curious what the speed of your CPU is. (pressing Win-Pause will tell you)

Of course updating your Video Card Drivers and checking DirectX (MS) for updates is the first step!

Since the Dazzle does all of the hard work, your PC should be laid back and capturing an easy data stream…

Still, as a test turn off everything AV, Screen Savers and any and all background operations you can find.

Then make a test capture long enough for this problem to show up. Any change?

I have had the problems from day 1. Defragmenting helps a little. I have also updated my drivers as well. My CPU is a Intel Pentium 4, 2.53 ghz. Hope that helps. Thanks.

John Clark

John offered some good and often overlooked advice!

Otherwise, your PC seems up to the task. A 2.5Ghz CPU and 1.5 Gb RAM is great. I am assuming plenty of HD space? (10 Gb of HD space is a good thing)

I could never get the Dazzle 90 to work on my PC's but others did. Do you have any other source you could use to compare? A non-commercial DVD from a friend. Just want to see how your PC handles other video files.

The first question would be have you ever had good capture with your setup in the 6 months or so since you came to the board???

I am curious what the speed of your CPU is. (pressing Win-Pause will tell you)

Of course updating your Video Card Drivers and checking DirectX (MS) for updates is the first step!

Since the Dazzle does all of the hard work, your PC should be laid back and capturing an easy data stream…

Still, as a test turn off everything AV, Screen Savers and any and all background operations you can find.

Then make a test capture long enough for this problem to show up. Any change?

Archived