• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slower Than Normal Dvd Burning Times

Finnius

Question

using:

Vista U32 SP1/Creator 10 Suite

Strangely, when buring a dvd (whether it be a data disk or video fileset or .iso) I only seem to get about 8speed on my 16speed burner

when using Nero or ConvertX, i get up to full 16speed, but not so on EMC.

Drivers for dvd player/burner up to date

I have "Max" speed selected for both CD and DVD in options

can post limited dxdiag (relevant to issue) if needed.

Thanks in advance

11 answers to this question

The software reads the media ID (MID) from the disc, then looks at the firmware for the (MID) and write speeds for that disc. I have Nero and Roxio EMC 10 and both read the same from the same drive and the same disc! Is that what you doing?

In Nero open tools, CDDVDSpeed (new version renamed DiscSpeed)

Tell me your drive ID and firmware up top (mine BenQ) exactly like it shows. Then the MID and write speeds, see below..

post-97-1212083189.png

cd

The software reads the media ID (MID) from the disc, then looks at the firmware for the (MID) and write speeds for that disc. I have Nero and Roxio EMC 10 and both read the same from the same drive and the same disc! Is that what you doing?

In Nero open tools, CDDVDSpeed (new version renamed DiscSpeed)

Tell me your drive ID and firmware up top (mine BenQ) exactly like it shows. Then the MID and write speeds, see below..

post-97-1212083189.png

cd

meh, i uninstalled Nero because i was happier with EMC..lol..but here is a truncated Everest report: (hope it is sufficient)

[ LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B ATA Device ]

Optical Drive Properties:

Device Description LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B ATA Device

Manufacturer LG

Device Type DVD-ROM

Reading Speeds:

DVD-ROM 16x

CD-ROM 48x

Device Manufacturer:

Company Name LG Electronics

Product Information http://www.lge.com/catalog/proddivergent?c...ryId=CTG1000500

Firmware Download http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp

Download #1 in my signature, same program I talked about above. Save it to a folder on the harddrive and click the .exe run to open the program. Place a DVD in the drive now what is the information I asked above?

cd

sorry i gave you the wrong drive last time..here it is

1:0 TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D SB00

Nero DiscSpeed: Disc Info

Basic Information

Disc type: : DVD+R

Book Type : DVD-ROM

Manufacturer: : Daxon

MID : DAXON AZ3 000 (00h)

Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 2.4 X - 4 X - 8 X - 12 X - 16 X

Blank Capacity : n/a

Extended Information

Layers : 1

Write strategies : 4 X

Disc Status : Closed

Raw Data

Physical Format Information (00h)

0000 - 01 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 16 99 4F 00 00 00 00 - ...........O....

0010 - 00 00 07 44 41 58 4F 4E 00 00 00 41 5A 33 00 38 - ...DAXON...AZ3.8

0020 - 23 54 37 14 00 23 6F 00 7D 6A 17 19 0C 0C 0A 0B - #T7..#o.}j......

0030 - 01 19 1B 0B 0B 0E 0F 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................

0040 - 01 00 38 38 00 20 5F 24 0B 2E 23 10 04 1E 1D 01 - ..88.._$..#.....

0050 - 00 00 00 20 5F 24 0B 2E 23 10 04 1E 1D 01 00 00 - ...._$..#.......

There is a firmware update on the Samsung site SB07 for your drive, seems you have never updated it and it's a older drive? Is this a bought installed drive or a OEM came with the PC drive? Samsung Site, click here. I can't link directly to the update your going to have to navigate to it.

Get better media Daxon is landfill material. Try some Verbatim local in the US or online order

Taiyo Yuden Premium Line, click here...

cd

There is a firmware update on the Samsung site SB07 for your drive, seems you have never updated it and it's a older drive? Is this a bought installed drive or a OEM came with the PC drive? Samsung Site, click here. I can't link directly to the update your going to have to navigate to it.

Get better media Daxon is landfill material. Try some Verbatim local in the US or online order

Taiyo Yuden Premium Line, click here...

cd

i'll get the new drivers...as for my blanks...they are not DAXON..they are Memorex +R ( and memorex +R DL)

actually, while i've got you here, i have another question...it may be offtopic, but here goes:

When i am doing conversions of mkv files (HD or Blu ray) i have been using ConvertX...my question is can EMC do a conversion of a file that is Pal AND hd/blu ray)

i assume that EMC can handle containers like mkv or avi...but if it's PAL (i convert to NTSC) ..i have been using ConvertX...

I want to use EMC (like it better)...

i'll get the new drivers...as for my blanks...they are not DAXON..they are Memorex +R ( and memorex +R DL)

That is why I asked you to download the disc identifier tool "Manufacturer: : Daxon

MID : DAXON AZ3 000 (00h)" from your post above!

See most don't make media they buy it from the cheapest bidder and put there name on it, do you see the light now?

Go with the media above I posted about, you will quit having media problems.

cd

That is why I asked you to download the disc identifier tool "Manufacturer: : Daxon

MID : DAXON AZ3 000 (00h)" from your post above!

See most don't make media they buy it from the cheapest bidder and put there name on it, do you see the light now?

Go with the media above I posted about, you will quit having media problems.

cd

gotcha, i have been using memorex for years (the name)...just assumed they would be better quality than TDK or Verbatim

Archived