Simple Youtube Video To Dvd Mehtod?

Daleeh

Question

Anyone know a simple way to capture youtube videos to DVD? A friend asked how she can do this to allow some her non-computer friends to see videos she thinks they would like. She would like the DVD option since her firend have DVD players, but not computers.

2 answers to this question

Anyone know a simple way to capture youtube videos to DVD? A friend asked how she can do this to allow some her non-computer friends to see videos she thinks they would like. She would like the DVD option since her firend have DVD players, but not computers.

Consider reading this link.

As cd correctly notes, you will have poor quality video if outputted to a DVD.

If any of your friend's friends (I hope I got that right :blink:) have portable video devices, however (where the screen on which the image to be viewed is more forgiving for lower quality formats than a traditional TV,) you may believe it is worth trying....

Daleeh

No, first the videos on YouTube are in formats (compressed lower quality) YouTube excepts to keep the bandwidth low on their site. I take it you've tried a right click save as and it doesn't work? You have to have a utility to capture the video from the screen while it's playing on YouTube. Then convert it up to DVD format standards, most will look very bad after doing that. YouTube is for viewing from the web, not from a DVD. I hope that helps?

cd

Archived