• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does Not Recognize Cd Burner

dayle99

I see I am not the only one who is experiencing this problem from reading here. Just upgraded my operating system from ME to XP Professional. Was using Adaptec Easy CD Creater 4.02d_d5 and Adaptec DirectCD 3.01d_d5 with ME. Tried to use that with XP but was told that was not compatible so off I go and purchase Easy CD & DVD 6. After now my 4th attempt to install it I still have the same problem and that is the CD burner is only recognized by DRAG TO DISK all other functions say the burner is not recognized. I have updated the engine as directed. I checked the validation to determine if it was registered and it tells me it is. My CD burner is listed as one of the supported burners, Sony CRX140E. This burner worked with the previous version of this software that I was using which came already installed on the Dell Dimension L933R computer. Only change was to upgrade the operating system to XP Professional which was performed successfully and all other applications work fine with it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have followed all recommendations as found at the Roxio website and have read all the suggested remendies as put forth in the communications I have been reading of other users same problem on this version of software. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what am I to do next. Is obvious this is a problem with the software and nothing else. I have had good experience with the previous version of this software and I am of the opinion from reading here and also being told to UPGRADE TO THE LATEST VERSION will make all my problems go away tells me Roxio has deliberately caused this problem to exist for the purpose of getting all users to purchase the latest version.

Is a shame that such action is being taken by Roxio. This WAS a fine product.

I shall continue to observe as to any reply I may see in response to my communication and to the others who are as of this date also experiencing the same problem. SURE hope Roxi will come through on this and fix the problem without causing me to switch to another product.

Also in response to the advice given to others here the ROXIZAP.EXE does not remove all trace of the program from the computer as I have done that and then use both Norton Registry Scan and also Windows Registry Pro and both find many references in the registry after running ROXIEZAP.EXE.

So to all who read this please be informed that Roxio is pulling a scam on you.

I see I am not the only one who is experiencing this problem from reading here. Just upgraded my operating system from ME to XP Professional. Was using Adaptec Easy CD Creater 4.02d_d5 and Adaptec DirectCD 3.01d_d5 with ME. Tried to use that with XP but was told that was not compatible so off I go and purchase Easy CD & DVD 6. After now my 4th attempt to install it I still have the same problem and that is the CD burner is only recognized by DRAG TO DISK all other functions say the burner is not recognized. I have updated the engine as directed. I checked the validation to determine if it was registered and it tells me it is. My CD burner is listed as one of the supported burners, Sony CRX140E. This burner worked with the previous version of this software that I was using which came already installed on the Dell Dimension L933R computer. Only change was to upgrade the operating system to XP Professional which was performed successfully and all other applications work fine with it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have followed all recommendations as found at the Roxio website and have read all the suggested remendies as put forth in the communications I have been reading of other users same problem on this version of software. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what am I to do next. Is obvious this is a problem with the software and nothing else. I have had good experience with the previous version of this software and I am of the opinion from reading here and also being told to UPGRADE TO THE LATEST VERSION will make all my problems go away tells me Roxio has deliberately caused this problem to exist for the purpose of getting all users to purchase the latest version.

Is a shame that such action is being taken by Roxio. This WAS a fine product.

I shall continue to observe as to any reply I may see in response to my communication and to the others who are as of this date also experiencing the same problem. SURE hope Roxi will come through on this and fix the problem without causing me to switch to another product.

Also in response to the advice given to others here the ROXIZAP.EXE does not remove all trace of the program from the computer as I have done that and then use both Norton Registry Scan and also Windows Registry Pro and both find many references in the registry after running ROXIEZAP.EXE.

Why did you go with ECDC/DVD 6, and not the current version, EMC 8? Also, do you have SP2 installed for XP? Does the XP built-in CD burning work? Does Drag-to-Disk work properly?

And, since version 6 has worked for years with XP, why would you think there's anything in there to make it not work?

Remember, this is a user populated board. Those who answer are doing so on their own time, and are not paid Roxio staff.

At the risk of mentionening the obvious - you didn't format the CD disc, did you? That would mean the disc would only work with Drag2Disc thereafter.

The Sony CRX140E is an 8x4x32 burner, and if the system you are using came with it, that would suggest to me the system specifications are similar.

WinXP PRO is a resource hog (128MB RAM recommended, which probably means 256MB in real life), along with 1.5GB Hard Drive. That is a LOT more than the 32MB RAM and 320MB of Hard Drive space requied for WinME.

Then you would need to have enough resources for Roxio V.6 (it needs 128MB RAM to work, along with 850MB of space for a "typical install" ...

If you have Drag2Disc running the background (as it loves to do), that is also consuming processor and RAM.

And of course, even tho Roxio V.6 software can do Video, your burner can't, but you probably knew that.

Generally, when making a major Operating System upgrade, it's a good idea to do it with a [new] computer that can handle the Operating Sytem. Or anyway, that's the route I took.

Lynn

I have installed Easy CD&DVD on my computer which has Windows XP Professional and the only app in Easy CD&DVD that will recognize my CD Burner is Drag To Disk. Prior to installing Xp Professional I was using Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02d_d5 and Adaptec Direct CD 3.01d_d5 with ME and that has worked fine for 5 years. Adaptec is now Roxio.

I have been reading all the solutions addressed herein and have tried them all from reinstalling the software to running the untilities to remove the upper and lower filters and to updating the software from the updates at this website. My computer is free of virsus as known by Norton and spyware is removed by Lavasoft and Spybot Search and Destroy.

I was using Windows ME on this computer and I upgraded to Xp Professional by doing a clean install rather then a upgrade install. File system is NTFS. The CD Burner is Sony CRX140E. I have been to the Sony website and checked this burner for firmware update and there is none. I ran the diagnostic that Sony offers to test the burner and all test results passed. The CD burner is recognized by Windows recording app and also by the Drag To Disk app but by no other of the apps in Easy CD&DVD.

At this point after about one week of trouble shooting this situation I am at a point of nothing else to try to get the other apps in Easy CD&DVD to recognize my CD Burner.

Any and all help to resolve this situation will be greatly appreciated. FYI I have used the Roxio Help Assistant and also Roxio direct help. I am not about to pay $35 per incident for phone support on a $29.99 software application.

I have noticed from reading at the Roxio website that is many who experience this type of problem.

(1) have you run add/remove, used Roxizap (URL in FREQUENT ANSWERS post), and reinstalled? That would get rid of any leftovers from your previous Version.

(2) Generally, install questions are not charged if you phone (but the number is in Canada).

(3) Version 6 is fairly old, and continues to be sold only because EMC 7, 7.5, and 8 require a minimum of WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4 to work. Since you have WinXP, you might consider if you can get a refund on Version 6 and get something newer.

(I'm assuming you did not make the mistake of having a formatted disc in the drive.)

Lynn

At the risk of mentionening the obvious - you didn't format the CD disc, did you? That would mean the disc would only work with Drag2Disc thereafter.

The Sony CRX140E is an 8x4x32 burner, and if the system you are using came with it, that would suggest to me the system specifications are similar.

WinXP PRO is a resource hog (128MB RAM recommended, which probably means 256MB in real life), along with 1.5GB Hard Drive. That is a LOT more than the 32MB RAM and 320MB of Hard Drive space requied for WinME.

Then you would need to have enough resources for Roxio V.6 (it needs 128MB RAM to work, along with 850MB of space for a "typical install" ...

If you have Drag2Disc running the background (as it loves to do), that is also consuming processor and RAM.

And of course, even tho Roxio V.6 software can do Video, your burner can't, but you probably knew that.

Generally, when making a major Operating System upgrade, it's a good idea to do it with a [new] computer that can handle the Operating Sytem. Or anyway, that's the route I took.

Lynn

Thanks for the infor Lynn. I have 512 meg of RAM on the computer and the 1 gig processor is more then enough for Win XP Pro. I had a friend give me a 80 gig hard drive to replace 20 gig I had on the computer so while I was replacing the hard drive I thought I would update the operating system because I had access to a free Windows XP Pro operating system. Also the version 6 of Easy CD&DVD was on sale at Circuit City for $29.99 which is much less expensive then version 8.

Thanks for the infor Lynn. I have 512 meg of RAM on the computer and the 1 gig processor is more then enough for Win XP Pro. I had a friend give me a 80 gig hard drive to replace 20 gig I had on the computer so while I was replacing the hard drive I thought I would update the operating system because I had access to a free Windows XP Pro operating system. Also the version 6 of Easy CD&DVD was on sale at Circuit City for $29.99 which is much less expensive then version 8.

Consider EMC 7 or EMC 7.5 (7.5 is the result of Sonic buying Roxio & adding the Sonic programs to V.7).

Lynn

Archived