• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Please! Trying To Burn Dvd Of Vob Files!

perfection630

Question

I received a nice new little camcorder for Mother's Day. It records videos in vob format, which I am very unfamiliar with. Once I copy the vob file to my hard drive and try to burn a dvd...my problems begin! I'm not very educated in this kind of thing...so bare with me! lol I have a program on my computer called MyDVD Plus. Will this burn a vob file? I try to add the file and I get an error message saying that the program had to close. Is there some other type of Roxio program that will do this? I wanted something that would allow me to add different styles and titles and things to the dvd. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time! Oh one more thing...if I get a different camcorder that will record the videos in a mpg format...would that be easier? Could I use the MyDVD plus program then???

5 answers to this question

Your best bet might be asking Dell then. Most here use a retail bought version and really aren't familiar with your product, because Dell installs a cut down OEM version with limited function on the PC! Have you checked with Dell for any updates to your PC or software?

This should tell us if your computer has the minimum requirements for a retail version of the Roxio software.

If you right click my computer and click properties, the system properties window opens, on the general tab post what it lists under computer. If you right click on a empty spot on your desktop and click properties, the display properties box opens, click the settings tab. At the bottom of the setting tab window click advanced, another window opens, click the adapter tab, post the adapter information.

cd

Ok I hope I'm posting the right stuff...this is what it says under the general tab...

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DXP 061

Intel®Core2 CPU

6300@1.86GHz

1.86GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Adapter info:

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Chip Type: GeForce 7300 LE

DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC

Memory Size: 512 MB

Adapter String: GEForce 7300 LE

Bios Information: Version 5.72.22.49.09

I hope this helps!! Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Call Dell and have them walk you through any updates, Video card GEForce 7300 LE and DirectX from Microsoft. Ask Dell if the software MyDVD Plus will process and work with vob files from your camera.

Open the software MyDVD Plus, from the menu, at the top of the screen, under tools, options, is there a software or hardware setting/ test? Set it to software if there is.

Your Pc is at the bottom end of minimum requirements Intel®Core™2 CPU 6300@1.86GHz. It should work on the slow side with a Retail version of Roxio EMC 10. If bought as a download from Roxio website you have a 30 day like it or return it policy..

cd

Your best bet might be asking Dell then. Most here use a retail bought version and really aren't familiar with your product, because Dell installs a cut down OEM version with limited function on the PC! Have you checked with Dell for any updates to your PC or software?

This should tell us if your computer has the minimum requirements for a retail version of the Roxio software.

If you right click my computer and click properties, the system properties window opens, on the general tab post what it lists under computer. If you right click on a empty spot on your desktop and click properties, the display properties box opens, click the settings tab. At the bottom of the setting tab window click advanced, another window opens, click the adapter tab, post the adapter information.

cd

Archived