Trying To Burn Iso To Dvd+r Dl - Keep Getting "insert A Blank Cd" Message

BJBBJB

Question

I have a 6Gig ISO image on my hard drive that I am trying to burn to a DVD+R DL (memorex or verbatim, same answer). The burner is a Plextor PX-760A and I know it can burn to DL as my video editing software will do it.....

But when I go to Roxio home>Copy>Burn Image and pick the image, and either put in a blank DVD or already have one in, a message box pops up that says "Please insert a blank or rewritable CD into the Plextore DVDRW(W:) drive. Supported media: ...then it lists every CD and DVD known to man....

But if I click OK, or put in the disc or any combination, it just keeps coming back and will not burn. If I hit cancel, it ejects the blank disc.

Is this another Roxio quirk? The lower left hand corner knows it is a DL disc as it has the right total size and free size given the ISO size. I am at a loss.

On a whim I fired Roxio Creator Classic, it came up with the preference box, recognized my DVD and burned it. So there is a workaround but kind of annoying.

Any help appreciated,

BJBBJB

1 answer to this question

I have a 6Gig ISO image on my hard drive that I am trying to burn to a DVD+R DL (memorex or verbatim, same answer). The burner is a Plextor PX-760A and I know it can burn to DL as my video editing software will do it.....

But when I go to Roxio home>Copy>Burn Image and pick the image, and either put in a blank DVD or already have one in, a message box pops up that says "Please insert a blank or rewritable CD into the Plextore DVDRW(W:) drive. Supported media: ...then it lists every CD and DVD known to man....

But if I click OK, or put in the disc or any combination, it just keeps coming back and will not burn. If I hit cancel, it ejects the blank disc.

Is this another Roxio quirk? The lower left hand corner knows it is a DL disc as it has the right total size and free size given the ISO size. I am at a loss.

On a whim I fired Roxio Creator Classic, it came up with the preference box, recognized my DVD and burned it. So there is a workaround but kind of annoying.

Any help appreciated,

BJBBJB

Have you tried Disc Copier instead of the Home Menu option? For some reason, I've had similar problems in the past whenever using that function.

One of the things I've done with some success is to change from DL to DVD in the 'Disc Size' choice at the bottom of Disc Copier. It works for some but not for others.

Archived