End Of File -10003 While Writing Blu-ray Folder

John Dennis

Question

While writing a Blu-ray folder this error pops. I need to know where to look it up, or any suggestions on how to proceed. The source file is about 62 minutes long. The video is 720p-59.94 program stream MPEG-2 file from VideoReDo. The video passed DVDit Pro HD without transcoding, the audio was transcoded and the error popped afterwards. All source, temp and destination files are on different physical disks. System is Core 2 Duo e6400, 3 GB ram. Windows XP Home with all maintenance to April. Thank you for any help.

Update: I ran this again. In the temp folder D:\DVDit Temp\Project\Split\APGC1\ there is one and only one 2 GB file. This is only a portion of the 8GB file. The error happens while DVDit was "Creating Tiles".

DVDit Pro HD is at Build 6.3 631B11A

The video is MPEG-2 program stream (.mpg) with 720p video and audio in the same stream. It originally came from an ATSC transport stream that was captured from a Hauppauge HVR 1600. The transport stream was edited in VideoReDo and output with "No Change" to any of the settings like GOP, video or audio bit rate. I have used separate elementary streams before, but this file type generally works.

10 answers to this question

I received this action plan from a Roxio Agent. I have no clue how to update a ticket, so I am responding to emails that I receive and copying the action plans and results into the problem record on the Discussion Group entry.

Go to http://selfserve.roxio.com and log in. Click on View Your Help Ticket History then the ticket number. You should be able to see a green Update button.

I received this action plan from a Roxio Agent. I have no clue how to update a ticket, so I am responding to emails that I receive and copying the action plans and results into the problem record on the Discussion Group entry.

"A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 565756)

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

1) Make the source, destination and temp files all on the same physical drive.

2) Disable startup & services:

a. Press Windows key + R key on your keyboard.

b. Type 'msconfig' and click on the 'OK' button or press the 'Enter' key.

c. Select the 'Startup' tab over on the right side.

d. Write down which items are checked, and then click on the 'Disable All' button in the lower right corner of the screen.

e. Click on the 'Apply' button.

f. Select the 'Services' tab.

g. Put a check mark in the box beside of 'Hide all Microsoft Services' WARNING NOT CHECKING THIS BOX FIRST COULD CAUSE A WINDOWS COMPONENT TO BE DISABLED

h. click on the 'Disable All' button in the lower right corner of the screen.

i. Click on the 'Apply' button and then click on 'OK'.

j. Click 'YES' to restart the computer.

k. When you reach the Desktop, you may receive a message saying 'you have used the 'System Configuration Utility' to make changes to your system....', you get this message, simply place a checkmark in a box on the lower left side titled, 'Do not show me this message again' and click on the 'OK' button. "

Last night I disabled all non-Microsoft services and items that startup and ran the DVDit project with the same failure.

I restored the system with GHOST 12 back to a state with Windows XP and no office applications or media applications installed, reinstalled DVDit Pro HD, ran the DVDit project and it failed the same way, "end of file -10003".

I limited the size of the title with the out point selecter using the same 8 GB input file in three different sizes saving the project as a different project name each time and all three failed.

I split the source file in half with VideoReDo and remuxed the file to be used as the source for the DVDit project. Correction ** Both halfs failed.**

My theory is that there is possibly something in the 8 GB source file that DVDit is not able to handle properly.

I will divide the source into smaller segments to see if there is a particular place in the file that will consistantly cause DVDit to fail. If I get a file that is small enough, I can deliver it to your development group.

I created the same project using separate elementary streams and the project went to completion sucessfully. Thanks for pointing out the workaround. I still think that DVDit Pro HD should handle the file with the combined streams if it accepts the file as input with no complaint. It is a strange time in the development of HD editing and authoring. DVD Architect will accept the file with combined streams and process it to DVD, but the "workaround" is to rename the file from "mpg" to "vob". It seems that every piece of software has a "workaround" for something. Perhaps, in the next year, the code will be refined enough that I can think of the project instead of the file types.

It was and is a frustrating error, I even sent Scott the file that would always created the error. I hope the next release does fix the known bugs but unfortunately I'm not really holding my breath since there hasn't been any release/fix in over a year. Here is my original thread on the EOF...

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=14995

Hi John,

Unfortunately, you have run into my favorite error, luckily there is a workaround. You will need to demux your MPEG2 program stream outside of DVDit HD and load the elementary streams back in, this will fix 99% of the EOF errors. DVDit is very touchy when demuxing so I would recommend to only work with elementary streams only.

I created the same project using separate elementary streams and the project went to completion sucessfully. Thanks for pointing out the workaround. I still think that DVDit Pro HD should handle the file with the combined streams if it accepts the file as input with no complaint. It is a strange time in the development of HD editing and authoring. DVD Architect will accept the file with combined streams and process it to DVD, but the "workaround" is to rename the file from "mpg" to "vob". It seems that every piece of software has a "workaround" for something. Perhaps, in the next year, the code will be refined enough that I can think of the project instead of the file types.

Hmmm. That may be so. I ran more tests on the same raw source.

1) I broke the 8 GB file into 14 scenes none of which were very long. Set up a project for each segment and NONE on them failed.

2) Today, believing that the failure would happen at about 2GB, I resized the input file to about 20 minutes (close to 2GB) I have a file that is 20 Minutes 20 seconds that runs successfully and a file that is 20 minutes 40 seconds that fails.

I'll try a diferrent input file with the same times to test.

Unfortunately, we "really" don't know what causes the EOF but working with elementary streams just about eliminates it. Hopefully, the next release (yea right :blink: ) will have some of these issues fixed.

While writing a Blu-ray folder this error pops. I need to know where to look it up, or any suggestions on how to proceed. The source file is about 62 minutes long. The video is 720p-59.94 program stream MPEG-2 file from VideoReDo. The video passed DVDit Pro HD without transcoding, the audio was transcoded and the error popped afterwards. All source, temp and destination files are on different physical disks. System is Core 2 Duo e6400, 3 GB ram. Windows XP Home with all maintenance to April. Thank you for any help.

Update: I ran this again. In the temp folder D:\DVDit Temp\Project\Split\APGC1\ there is one and only one 2 GB file. This is only a portion of the 8GB file. The error happens while DVDit was "Creating Tiles".

DVDit Pro HD is at Build 6.3 631B11A

The video is MPEG-2 program stream (.mpg) with 720p video and audio in the same stream. It originally came from an ATSC transport stream that was captured from a Hauppauge HVR 1600. The transport stream was edited in VideoReDo and output with "No Change" to any of the settings like GOP, video or audio bit rate. I have used separate elementary streams before, but this file type generally works.

Hi John,

Unfortunately, you have run into my favorite error, luckily there is a workaround. You will need to demux your MPEG2 program stream outside of DVDit HD and load the elementary streams back in, this will fix 99% of the EOF errors. DVDit is very touchy when demuxing so I would recommend to only work with elementary streams only.

Hi John,

Thanks Plee,

I'll try the same material as separate streams and report.

"A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 565756)

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

1) Make the source, destination and temp files all on the same physical drive.

2) Disable startup & services:

a. Press Windows key + R key on your keyboard.

b. Type 'msconfig' and click on the 'OK' button or press the 'Enter' key.

c. Select the 'Startup' tab over on the right side.

d. Write down which items are checked, and then click on the 'Disable All' button in the lower right corner of the screen.

e. Click on the 'Apply' button.

f. Select the 'Services' tab.

g. Put a check mark in the box beside of 'Hide all Microsoft Services' WARNING NOT CHECKING THIS BOX FIRST COULD CAUSE A WINDOWS COMPONENT TO BE DISABLED

h. click on the 'Disable All' button in the lower right corner of the screen.

i. Click on the 'Apply' button and then click on 'OK'.

j. Click 'YES' to restart the computer.

k. When you reach the Desktop, you may receive a message saying 'you have used the 'System Configuration Utility' to make changes to your system....', you get this message, simply place a checkmark in a box on the lower left side titled, 'Do not show me this message again' and click on the 'OK' button. "

Last night I disabled all non-Microsoft services and items that startup and ran the DVDit project with the same failure.

I restored the system with GHOST 12 back to a state with Windows XP and no office applications or media applications installed, reinstalled DVDit Pro HD, ran the DVDit project and it failed the same way, "end of file -10003".

I limited the size of the title with the out point selecter using the same 8 GB input file in three different sizes saving the project as a different project name each time and all three failed.

I split the source file in half with VideoReDo and remuxed the file to be used as the source for the DVDit project. The second half failed, the first half completed without error.

My theory is that there is possibly something in the 8 GB source file that DVDit is not able to handle properly.

I will divide the source into smaller segments to see if there is a particular place in the file that will consistantly cause DVDit to fail. If I get a file that is small enough, I can deliver it to your development group.

I believe the problem is after DVDit demuxes the file, they are not the same size so it errors out instead of trying to deal with the problem. File size really has nothing to do with it, I've had small files exbit the same problem.

Unfortunately, we "really" don't know what causes the EOF but working with elementary streams just about eliminates it. Hopefully, the next release (yea right :blink: ) will have some of these issues fixed.

Over the weekend I used VideoRedo to prepare two files and used successive approximations to get as close as possible to the point where a file of one size runs error free and adding a second or two to the file causes it to fail with end of file -1003. With two separate source files recorded weeks apart the results follow:

File 1 Pass = 2,188,167,000 bytes File 2 Pass = 2,192,941,000

File 1 Fail = 2,190,075,000 bytes File 2 Fail = 2,200,579,000

It looks to me that at least one failure scenario is an input file size very close to 2 GB. I have the source if the developers want it on DVD.

I believe the problem is after DVDit demuxes the file, they are not the same size so it errors out instead of trying to deal with the problem. File size really has nothing to do with it, I've had small files exbit the same problem.

Hmmm. That may be so. I ran more tests on the same raw source.

1) I broke the 8 GB file into 14 scenes none of which were very long. Set up a project for each segment and NONE on them failed.

2) Today, believing that the failure would happen at about 2GB, I resized the input file to about 20 minutes (close to 2GB) I have a file that is 20 Minutes 20 seconds that runs successfully and a file that is 20 minutes 40 seconds that fails.

I'll try a diferrent input file with the same times to test.

Archived