• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cant Access Data On Dvd Burned Using Roxio

Big delo

Question

I backed up some data onto a dvd-r using Roxio. I left the session open. I reformated my hard drive & reinstalled windows & want to restore my data that was burned onto the dvd. Roxio came pre installed & now I dont have the disc to re-install Roxio. I put the dvd with my backed up data in & it says it doesnt recognize the format. If I reinstall Roxio will it then recognize all the data I backed up on the dvd? Or am i screwed because I didnt close the session? Thanks in advance for your help.

3 answers to this question

Hello again,

You should be able to read the disc, because the software closes the session and leaves only the disc open. However if it's having an 'unfinalized' disc which is causing the problem, you can finalize it using the same Sonic Record Now program as you made the disc with.

From the Home menu run Data Disc, then Load Disc to load the earlier session. Then go to Tools > Finalize disc to close the disc. (see picture)

post-208-1212395790.jpg

This is a version 9 shot, bur 10 should look the same.

Regards,

Brendon

Before we can tell you if you're screwed, can you please tell us HOW [with what program/method] you backed up your data?

Did your backing up involve formatting of the DVD?

Regards,

Brendon

I used Roxio (not really sure what version they had installed). I selected "create data dvd", then "add data". Im almost 100% sure there wasnt any formating of the disc. It just seemed as if It was loading the data into a temp buffer or something before it started the burning process, which seemed normal to me. After the burnig was complete I got the usual warning message you get when burning a multi-session DVD: "this disc may not be usable on other computers, etc., etc.". I didnt think anything of it because I was going to be putting the data right back on the same computer after I did the clean windows install. Dumb move on my part..... :-) Sorry, Im just not as familiar with Roxio. I've been using Nero for years. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

~Dave

Archived