• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blanks Instead Of Pictures In Slideshow!

Sol Rosenberg

Question

I used Videowave to create a film that includes lots of pictures and some video. I burned it with MYdvd, and have had to render it four different ways to find a way to make the video portion of the slideshow decent quality. After rendering hardware/interlaced, hardware/progressive, software/interlaced, I settled on software/progressive as it gives the best quality for the video portions (the other ones were all pretty much unwatchable when the film had been sped up or slowed down in video editor of videowave).

Now I've got blanks where there should be pictures in a lot of the slideshows. Some of them all the pictures show up, some of them about 1/8th of the pictures don't show up.

Any ideas what is happening here?

Toshiba Satellite A100 (purchased in France) / Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 / Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series

5 answers to this question

Turns out it was "progressive" that was somehow removing pictures from the slideshow in the render process. I changed it to software "interlaced" and it works great

We're going to have to remember that problem.

Glad you got it fixed.

also when you go to burn, burn (encode) to an ISO file and then preview the ISO file in Video Copy and Convert (VCC). If it looks OK, copy the ISO file to the disc. This separates the encoding from the burning so the computer doesn't work so hard.

I'm with GrandpaBruce. I'm not sure you'll get that video card/ computer to do what you want. Toshiba is very bad about posting updated drivers. Us Windows Update, Custom to see if they posted a updated driver for that chip. It worked for me with an old Toshiba laptop. If it doesn't work, you can go back to the old drivers by re-starting in safe mode to use the default drivers.

Turns out it was "progressive" that was somehow removing pictures from the slideshow in the render process. I changed it to software "interlaced" and it works great (and the video problem I saw with hardware render and thought I saw with software interlaced is not there). So the old thing still works!

Turns out it was "progressive" that was somehow removing pictures from the slideshow in the render process. I changed it to software "interlaced" and it works great (and the video problem I saw with hardware render and thought I saw with software interlaced is not there). So the old thing still works!

High fives to you! I am glad that you got it sorted.

I used Videowave to create a film that includes lots of pictures and some video. I burned it with MYdvd, and have had to render it four different ways to find a way to make the video portion of the slideshow decent quality. After rendering hardware/interlaced, hardware/progressive, software/interlaced, I settled on software/progressive as it gives the best quality for the video portions (the other ones were all pretty much unwatchable when the film had been sped up or slowed down in video editor of videowave).

Now I've got blanks where there should be pictures in a lot of the slideshows. Some of them all the pictures show up, some of them about 1/8th of the pictures don't show up.

Any ideas what is happening here?

Toshiba Satellite A100 (purchased in France) / Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 / Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series

Update the drivers for that Radeon onboard chipset. You might have better luck, but I doubt that the chipset is up to the task of video work.

Archived