Cineplayer Has No Sound

Guest RCD74

Question

Guest RCD74

Hi Everyone - Cineplayer on my computer has no sound and I promise it isn't muted. I looked at the settings and didn't find anything that would be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas? All my videos are soundless is Cineplayer, yet play fine in Windows Media Center. Thanks.

Rachel

10 answers to this question

Guest RCD74
Hi Rachel,

while in Cineplayer, click on the wrench to open up the settings menu. Then go to the Audio tab. Change some of the settings to different setting and try again, then change it back. You might want to also close Cineplayer after you change a setting then reopen and try again. It may not work but sometimes another program messes things up and resetting may help.

Thanks, I will try it and let you know how it goes!!

Rachel

Guest RCD74
It was probably Interactual. Many times the dvd's you buy have this program included on it so those who don't have a player on their system can use the one included. Personally, I can't stand it. It does try to take over sometimes.

YES, I believe that is what it was called. The weird thing is that I was playing a homemade dvd, hmmmm.

Rachel

Cineplayer is now working as it should. Thanks for all of your help Paul and cd.

Rachel

What did it Rachel? Just a reboot or did you uninstall something? It might help others to know your secret. :)

Guest RCD74
What did it Rachel? Just a reboot or did you uninstall something? It might help others to know your secret. :)

I am kinda embarrassed to say!! When I opened up CinePlayer from the Applications page, it worked fine. I am not sure now if it was even CinePlayer that was the program without the sound that was set as default when I clicked on the dvd drive on my computer. It was something called Intereactive???? I don't know, but CinePlayer is now working and IS the default. I have no idea what happened there but I am happy things are working. I don't think others will be able to learn from this which is why I didn't mention it!! :rolleyes:

Rachel

Guest RCD74
Do you have a program installed called 'InterVideo WinDVD' ?

cd

I am not sure. I will check!

Rachel

Do you have a program installed called 'InterVideo WinDVD' ?

cd

No, it doesn't look like I do. I wish I could remember what the program was called that had no sound. I really thought it was CinePlayer but I guess I was wrong. Oh well. Just happy that everything is working properly!!

Rachel

It was probably Interactual. Many times the dvd's you buy have this program included on it so those who don't have a player on their system can use the one included. Personally, I can't stand it. It does try to take over sometimes.

Hi Everyone - Cineplayer on my computer has no sound and I promise it isn't muted. I looked at the settings and didn't find anything that would be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas? All my videos are soundless is Cineplayer, yet play fine in Windows Media Center. Thanks.

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

while in Cineplayer, click on the wrench to open up the settings menu. Then go to the Audio tab. Change some of the settings to different setting and try again, then change it back. You might want to also close Cineplayer after you change a setting then reopen and try again. It may not work but sometimes another program messes things up and resetting may help.

Archived