• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Playback Level Issue - Slide Show Versus Movie Import

Wink Tinkler

Question

OK, will try to be brief

WAV file used in SLIDE SHOW built within DVD It Pro HD, and also for SAME SEQUENCE of slides built as Movie in Avid Media Composer

Same WAV file with Audio / Volume / Gain etc. to my desired end points at correct specs for DVD It HD Pro (48 kHz, 1536 kbps 16 bit 2 channel PCM) settings

When end product Blue Ray BD-RE is played back, the sequence created in Avid MC is at the correct levels as during the initial testing on the PC System and as desired upon playback on sound system and large LCD Flat panel HDTV 1080p system for real world viewing

BUT

The slide show sequence on same BD-RD menu structure, created in DVD It HD Pro is a couple of db lower in volume

Am I missing something obvious, or is there a way to compensate for this (other than to create the same wav file a couple of db higher and feed it to the DVDIt HD Pro as an asset to link to the slide show generated in the latter, and hope the two volumes will then match?

Is there a way to control the volume of the audio in slide shows within DVD It HD Pro or some ini file setting or other method to do this?

Thanks in advance .... Probably I am overlooking something very obvious and would appreciate help / comments.

4 answers to this question

did you use multiple WAV files in the slide show or just one? I would think that if you used just one and did a "fit slideshow to audio" it should just pass through that WAV file which would not change the audio level. Also, is your HD transcoding audio setting set to PCM?

yes and yes and yes

pcm yes

tried both single file and otherwise

in fact the audio files that come in from avid mc DO NOT get transcoded at all, unlike the 'same file' which comes in via the menu in slide show inside DVD It Pro HD, same WAV file same specs etc. but does get transcoded??? go figure??

for Blu-ray slideshows we create a single movie from the slides and transitions. if you include multiple WAV files on the audio track, they will have to be transcoded so they can be tied together. I would think it should not transcoded the WAV if you use a single WAV file.

for Blu-ray slideshows we create a single movie from the slides and transitions. if you include multiple WAV files on the audio track, they will have to be transcoded so they can be tied together. I would think it should not transcoded the WAV if you use a single WAV file.

so as I read you, create a single wav file by concatenating in an audio editor to the length which the slides show requires, then feed into the DVD It Pro HD menu inside the slide show area?

will try...

Archived