Mark Sealey

Error Burning Dvd

Question

7 answers to this question

Give us a little more infomration on what you are doing.

Are you burning data or video?

What is your source?

What steps are you taking?

Video. MPEG files

Have converted to MP4. Now they encode.

I suspect this is something you know about?

Well we have seen some -39 errors working with MPEG 4 files lately. We are hoping to issue a patch soon but I don't have any firm ETA on it. Hopefully it is sooner then later and of course Toast will notify you when a new version is available if you have the option turned on (it's on by default).

Well we have seen some -39 errors working with MPEG 4 files lately. We are hoping to issue a patch soon but I don't have any firm ETA on it. Hopefully it is sooner then later and of course Toast will notify you when a new version is available if you have the option turned on (it's on by default).

I am having the same problem, I am trying to burn wmv, asf, mpeg files and the msg " Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = - 39.

My setup: Mac OSX 10.4.11

Toast Titanium 9.0.2

I just bought this program, I was very excited to use it, I have clients waiting for projects to be done and now I can't even use it, very disappointed!

I am having the same problem, I am trying to burn wmv, asf, mpeg files and the msg " Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = - 39.

My setup: Mac OSX 10.4.11

Toast Titanium 9.0.2

I just bought this program, I was very excited to use it, I have clients waiting for projects to be done and now I can't even use it, very disappointed!

The -39 error should be specific to individual video files. It isn't something that appears across the board. Which files are creating that error and which ones do not? By the way you're probably aware that encoding from .wmv files requires one of the paid versions of Flip4Mac so be sure you're not using the free version.

Try choosing Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. Disc images are then burned to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

The -39 error should be specific to individual video files. It isn't something that appears across the board. Which files are creating that error and which ones do not? By the way you're probably aware that encoding from .wmv files requires one of the paid versions of Flip4Mac so be sure you're not using the free version.

Try choosing Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. Disc images are then burned to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

I've got round this by pre-converting everything in Visual Hub to MP4 first. MPEG didn't work.

The -39 error should be specific to individual video files.

I made a long post on one of the other "error -39" threads that got mysteriously deleted (the link is broken).

Sadly I don't have a backup of my own text, but in a nutshell: Error -39 is *not* related to anything specific in a file.

The error comes more likely the more you "do" with Toast (before you try to burn or export to a disc image). My own workaround goes like this:

1) Save the file as something.disc

2) Quit Toast

3) Launch Toast with something.disc

4) Perform "Save as image..." imediately (without doing anything else within Toast)

5) If it fails, repeat 2) - 4)

I burn collections of MPEGs as consumer DVDs frequently and typically need to repeat this cycle 2-3 times. If I get error -39 it always happens at a different (!!) percentage, and (sooner or later - it once took 8 attempts!) the thing gets exported properly.

So the error has nothing to do with the files at all, it's random behaviour of Toast. My guess: Failed initialization of variables - it only works when Toast is "fresh" and the memory still zero.