• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blu-ray Data Mac And Pc Not Parsing Properly On Windows

azbenders

Question

I have been delivering a Television Show in HD as a QuickTime File on a firewire drive to a Television Station successfully for a while now. I now want to deliver the show as a data DVD on Blu-Ray, since the show is a 20GB DVCProHD QuickTime movie file. I choose "Mac and PC" under the Data section and Toast 9.0.2 burns the file great onto the BD-R. I can see the file and even open it with no problem once I mount the BD-R onto the Mac's desktop. The IT guy at the TV station can see the file (on his Windows systems), but when he copies it to his hard drive and tries to open it, it says "Cannot parse the file" or "not a valid movie file". I have tried TDK and Sony BD-R discs, but I don't think that's the problem. Has anyone had compatibility issues between Mac and PC when burning a data Blu-Ray? Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

Correction: IT guy is using an internal reader. An LG Blu-Ray HD-DVD ROM combo. He has the latest Quicktime installed on his Windows system. He can see the file and drag it to his hard drive, but when he opens it, he gets the "Not a valid movie" dialog.

Using the same Blu-Ray disc, I can copy the file over onto my Mac and read it with no Problem. The same file is transfered to the IT guy with a firewire drive and he can read it no problem. What could possibly be happening from the Blu-Ray to his hard drive?

Have you tried several discs with different data on them? If so does it do the same thing? I'm wondering if the file (s) are corrupted. Also I hope you didn't completely fill the disc.

Freecam

Also I'm thinking it's got to be something on the IT guy's end since you can read it no problem. Maybe he should hook up his reader to a Mac and try that and then transfer the data from the Mac to the PC and see what happens. It's tough to figure out when I can't see it.

Freecam

I have been delivering a Television Show in HD as a QuickTime File on a firewire drive to a Television Station successfully for a while now. I now want to deliver the show as a data DVD on Blu-Ray, since the show is a 20GB DVCProHD QuickTime movie file. I choose "Mac and PC" under the Data section and Toast 9.0.2 burns the file great onto the BD-R. I can see the file and even open it with no problem once I mount the BD-R onto the Mac's desktop. The IT guy at the TV station can see the file (on his Windows systems), but when he copies it to his hard drive and tries to open it, it says "Cannot parse the file" or "not a valid movie file". I have tried TDK and Sony BD-R discs, but I don't think that's the problem. Has anyone had compatibility issues between Mac and PC when burning a data Blu-Ray? Thanks in advance.

Does the IT guy have a Bluray drive in his PC?

Archived