Fao Brendon

thefox

Hi. In previous replies, you've suggested to edit this line in the registry:

"(1) Press Ctrl-F (find) and search the registry for device001. When you find it, it should be displaying an entry for a GENERIC FREECOM48H drive"

Could you tell me the complete entry so I can replace it please. Further to my post below, and following your suggestions from other queries, I experimented with several entries to try to fool it into seeing my drive (to no avail) and foolishly forgot to make a backup of the original entry. Unless, of course, you may have a suggestion as to an entry of your own that may work for me.

Many thanks.

Hello Sir/Lady Fox,

The original entry reads

GENERIC FREECOM48H,GENERIC,FREECOM48H,SAMSUNG48X24,cdrmmc.drv,171,,9

I'm sorry I missed your original post, but I've found it now.

Imation are a problem, as they use all sorts of manufacturers' drives re-badged to Imation. I've not met your drive, so I don't know if it's a TEAC, Ricoh, LiteON, or Philips [they've used all of those]. They've also used both IMATION and Imation as their brand name in the Drive ID string. Things seem to get complicated when the drive is in a USB enclosure, too. Some seem to want the drive powered and connected before boot-up, others want it after.

There's a lot of guessing here, but you might try

Imation IMW16DL84RAME,Imation,IMW16DL84RAME,DVD+-R/RW,cdrmmc.drv,178,,9

as your entry. If that doesn't work, try upper-case IMATION instead of Imation in both places where it occurs.

If that doesn't work either, I'm sorry but I've done my best without your drive on my bench.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi mate - you're good! No worries with the delay - I can see you're a busy man. Thanks for the info, and for your records, this is the winning line:

Imation IMW16DL84RAME,Imation,IMW16DL84RAME,DVD+-R/RW,cdrmmc.drv,178,,9

Simple when you know how!

Mr Fox.

Archived