Gail P. Taylor

Pay More For Re-download

Question

I really strongly dislike ROXIO and will NEVER recommend that anybody whom I know every buy anything from your company. I actually paid to upgrade my original 5 level software, purchased 7, and purchased 10. I no longer have ANY Roxio software that works. THis crappy, absurd new pay-more-for-extended-download policy is vile and greedy. DOes it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!! My computer at work began to go downhill as soon as strange roxio tags started showing up on my image files when I tried to back them up. It probably wasn't the cause of the destruction, but I had to uninstall in the process of getting my machine working once more. I couldn't even get 10 installed at home on a different system. Now, I can no longer download 10, and 5.0 just became corrupted on my home machine. I can't fix it. Overall...I no longer have any means of copying CDs on any machine. I very very seldom buy software. Roxio used to be an exception.

15 answers to this question

I really strongly dislike ROXIO and will NEVER recommend that anybody whom I know every buy anything from your company. I actually paid to upgrade my original 5 level software, purchased 7, and purchased 10. I no longer have ANY Roxio software that works. THis crappy, absurd new pay-more-for-extended-download policy is vile and greedy. DOes it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!! My computer at work began to go downhill as soon as strange roxio tags started showing up on my image files when I tried to back them up. It probably wasn't the cause of the destruction, but I had to uninstall in the process of getting my machine working once more. I couldn't even get 10 installed at home on a different system. Now, I can no longer download 10, and 5.0 just became corrupted on my home machine. I can't fix it. Overall...I no longer have any means of copying CDs on any machine. I very very seldom buy software. Roxio used to be an exception.

You're talking to a user forum, not Roxio. Your computer may not be up to snuff to run EMC 10.

If that is all you are doing, just use Windows to copy the CD.

Image tags are are simply tags added to images that were cataloged. They are not need if you copy the images to a CD. You could also have turned off the cataloging of the images in Media Manager.

Why did you not make a back up of the download? You must accept some responsibility. I'm sure you saw that a disc or extended download has an extra cost when you originally bought the program. It is not like they hid that fact from you. You took a gamble and lost.

We are not Roxio, we are users like you were who are here to help people when they have a problem. If you have something to say directly to Roxio, contact them through customer service.

Now if you want some help with running the program, please start a new thread.

Edited by sknis

Yes it does!

Nothing is free including the lesson you just learned about making proper backups.

Contact your State DMV and see if they will send you a free License Plate?

Title??

Drivers License???

Yes it does!

Nothing is free including the lesson you just learned about making proper backups.

Title??

Drivers License???

Since the program is most likely saved as a file on their server, it does seem just a little bit greedy to charge a paying customer for the band width it takes to re-download. Even you have to see that. It isn't like the DMV where they have to pay someone to take your picture, or pay for materials to make a new license plate.

As for your "nothing is free" dig... that's just being an a-hole.

Since the program is most likely saved as a file on their server, it does seem just a little bit greedy to charge a paying customer for the band width it takes to re-download. Even you have to see that. It isn't like the DMV where they have to pay someone to take your picture, or pay for materials to make a new license plate.

As for your "nothing is free" dig... that's just being an a-hole.

Who says you have to pay again to re-download EMC 10?

Actually - that's NOT what he said

He asked if it DID cost more

Edited by gi7omy

Yes it does!

you didnt said how much he has to pay for the lesson <_<

it seems rudeness flies around this forum <_<

you didnt said how much he has to pay for the lesson <_<

it seems rudeness flies around this forum <_<

Not quite as much as stupidity! If you download a file, that you paid for, and you don't back it up, and then lose it, who's fault is that?

Actually - that's NOT what he said

He asked if it DID cost more

And I quote "THis crappy, absurd new pay-more-for-extended-download policy is vile and greedy. DOes it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!!"

By the sounds of things he knows it costs more. They are merely asking rhetorically if it really costs Roxio anything by letting a paying customer re-download software they have already given Roxio money for.

Not quite as much as stupidity! If you download a file, that you paid for, and you don't back it up, and then lose it, who's fault is that?

Perhaps they weren't expecting said software to cripple their computer. Or worse yet, maybe they were going to use said software to backup the file they downloaded, but as said software crippled their computer they couldn't. Since you don't know all the facts, stop talking stupid.

Do please engage brain before operating mouth

"Does it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!!"" is a QUESTION - NOT a Statement

Whether or not anything other was meant is down to the OP - unless you managed to pass Mind Reading 101

We asked where he heard that or who informed him - now he hasn't replied so I suggest you simply sit on your hands and WAIT for a response

Do please engage brain before operating mouth

"Does it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!!"" is a QUESTION - NOT a Statement

Whether or not anything other was meant is down to the OP - unless you managed to pass Mind Reading 101

We asked where he heard that or who informed him - now he hasn't replied so I suggest you simply sit on your hands and WAIT for a response

Again I quote "THis crappy, absurd new pay-more-for-extended-download policy is vile and greedy. DOes it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!!" You seem to be overlooking the first part of the quote. I hope you can see it now I'm guessing you didn't read what I wrote last time so here it is again. "By the sounds of things he knows it costs more. They are merely asking rhetorically if it really costs Roxio anything by letting a paying customer re-download software they have already given Roxio money for."

You didn't seem to have much to say to Jim Hardin when he said...

"Yes it does!

Title??

Drivers License???"

He seems to be under the impression that it cost to re-download. Why not tell him to "engage his brain"?

And I quote "THis crappy, absurd new pay-more-for-extended-download policy is vile and greedy. DOes it REALLY cost anything MORE for anybody to download again!!!!!"

By the sounds of things he knows it costs more. They are merely asking rhetorically if it really costs Roxio anything by letting a paying customer re-download software they have already given Roxio money for.

Perhaps they weren't expecting said software to cripple their computer. Or worse yet, maybe they were going to use said software to backup the file they downloaded, but as said software crippled their computer they couldn't. Since you don't know all the facts, stop talking stupid.

Stupid? Read the OP's original post again. The file was on her computer for awhile, because she was saying that it is too late to download the software again. It would have been prudent to back up the downloaded file, BEFORE trying to install it?

Is there anything that you don't understand about that. <_<

Edited by grandpabruce

Actually, if you go back you'll see when myguggi asked "Who says you have to pay again to re-download EMC 10?", he was responding to me, not the original poster, so please... "Do please engage brain before operating mouth"

Stupid? Read the OP's original post again. The file was on her computer for awhile, because she was saying that it is too late to download the software again. It would have been prudent to back up the downloaded file, BEFORE trying to install it?

Is there anything that you don't understand about that. <_<

Yes... stupid What here suggests it was on their machine a while?

"My computer at work began to go downhill as soon as strange roxio tags started showing up on my image files when I tried to back them up. It probably wasn't the cause of the destruction, but I had to uninstall in the process of getting my machine working once more. I couldn't even get 10 installed at home on a different system."

It sounds to me like they was doomed from the get-go. I don't see anything about it being "too late" either. I think you just made that up to defend Roxio.

Actually, if you go back you'll see when myguggi asked "Who says you have to pay again to re-download EMC 10?", he was responding to me, not the original poster, so please... "Do please engage brain before operating mouth"

Yes... stupid What here suggests it was on their machine a while?

"My computer at work began to go downhill as soon as strange roxio tags started showing up on my image files when I tried to back them up. It probably wasn't the cause of the destruction, but I had to uninstall in the process of getting my machine working once more. I couldn't even get 10 installed at home on a different system."

It sounds to me like they was doomed from the get-go. I don't see anything about it being "too late" either. I think you just made that up to defend Roxio.

I am not defending Roxio. I am saying that the file should have been backed up before trying to install it. I don't know how much time that Roxio gives a person, to re-download the file, but I sure as hell bet that it is more than 10 minutes!