Spam

bds1958

What, in your opinion and experience, is the most effective software to deal with it?

I feel that the best fight is to use 2 or 3 programs. I use SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor and Lavasoft Adaware as well as the free Spybot Search and Destroy. No matter how careful I am, these find something nasty each time I use them. I think anything you use is a help.

Err - that's malware Paul :P

I use Mailwasher - it just downloads the mail headers and then bounces the spam right back to the sender as 'undeliverable' :lol:

Duh, but it's even funnier as I was actually running all my spyware when I read that post. :lol:

Best way to get rid of spam is to give out an email address set up to receive junk. When I'm asked to provide an email address that I don't need for a response, I give my hotmail account that I never use.

I feel that the best fight is to use 2 or 3 programs. I use SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor and Lavasoft Adaware as well as the free Spybot Search and Destroy. No matter how careful I am, these find something nasty each time I use them. I think anything you use is a help.

I have had something really strange happening with Spybot. Some time back it started giving me the congratulations nothing found. In the past it has alway found something. I am wondering if something is wrong. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall, what do you think?

I have had something really strange happening with Spybot. Some time back it started giving me the congratulations nothing found. In the past it has alway found something. I am wondering if something is wrong. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall, what do you think?

Are you updating it? I find they have regular updates available. It is odd that you wouldn't have any spyware. It's almost impossible now just to get on the internet and not get some tracking bot on your system.

Are you updating it? I find they have regular updates available. It is odd that you wouldn't have any spyware. It's almost impossible now just to get on the internet and not get some tracking bot on your system.

That is what I thought. I know usually when I go offline and exit Norton when doing encoding, it is always noted in Spybot, but no longer. Do you think I should uninstall Paul or just try to reinstall over it? <_< I have the latest version already. I always do updates before scanning. :rolleyes:

Archived