Mydvd Hangs At 0% When I Try To Burn *.vob Files

roxiofails???

Question

I'm using MyDVD9 to burn some *.vob files to a dvd+r. i created the Menu and chose 'fit to disc' option and clicked the burn button. the moment i click the burn button, i can see the CPU usage go upto 95% and then a few seconds later falls back to normal %. i don't even see the progress bar.

i searched the forum, found that many people had similar problems but none of them 'continued' posting here (weird).

anyway i did update my Nvidia drivers+installed the latest DirectX from MS+chose software rendering from Tools>Options+reinstalled the software.

btw..i'm able to create image files from *.avi files using MyDVD9

also i tried to save the project in VideoWave and tried to open up the project, but i keep on getting an error message

"The following list of files cannot be located at their last know location"

Click Retry

blah blah blah

i hope someone could help me

13 answers to this question

Are those files still on the DVD or have you copied the folder to your hard drive?

I am pretty sure you will not be able to burn when your source files are on a DVD.

HD

it was actually a tv program, that i recorded using my dvd player. i then copied the whole dvd to my HD.

I'm using MyDVD9 to burn some *.vob files to a dvd+r. i created the Menu and chose 'fit to disc' option and clicked the burn button. the moment i click the burn button, i can see the CPU usage go upto 95% and then a few seconds later falls back to normal %. i don't even see the progress bar.

i searched the forum, found that many people had similar problems but none of them 'continued' posting here (weird).

anyway i did update my Nvidia drivers+installed the latest DirectX from MS+chose software rendering from Tools>Options+reinstalled the software.

also i tried to save the project in VideoWave and tried to open up the project, but i keep on getting an error message

Click Retry

blah blah blah

Reboot your computer, open up your MyDVD project, switch to software render, use HQ (High Quality), not Fit to Disc, click on the Burn button, uncheck Burn to DVD, and click on Burn as image file. Save that file to a new folder on your hard drive.

Once it is done doing its thing, save your project, close MyDVD, open Disc Copier, browse to that .iso file you just created, bring it in, and burn your project to a DVD. Note, in the drop down box, by Source, click on the browse option.

Click Retry

blah blah blah

Where are the vob files located that you are referencing in your Videowave project? Have you moved them or the project file since you first created the project?

Reboot your computer, open up your MyDVD project, switch to software render, use HQ (High Quality), not Fit to Disc, click on the Burn button, uncheck Burn to DVD, and click on Burn as image file. Save that file to a new folder on your hard drive.

Once it is done doing its thing, save your project, close MyDVD, open Disc Copier, browse to that .iso file you just created, bring it in, and burn your project to a DVD. Note, in the drop down box, by Source, click on the browse option.

nope..Encoding Movie is still stuck at 0%

thanks though

Where are the vob files located that you are referencing in your Videowave project? Have you moved them or the project file since you first created the project?

no. I haven't moved the files

nope..Encoding Movie is still stuck at 0%

thanks though

no. I haven't moved the files

At what point do you get the "missing file message"? Did you create the project in Videowave and save the project as a dmsm fille, exit Videowave, launch myDVD and add the dmsm file? (this is the proper precedure for creating a DVD). Can you preview the video in myDVD?

At what point do you get the "missing file message"? Did you create the project in Videowave and save the project as a dmsm fille, exit Videowave, launch myDVD and add the dmsm file? (this is the proper precedure for creating a DVD). Can you preview the video in myDVD?

thats when i get the MS Runtime error

also when i double click the saved *.dmsd file, i get the MS Runtime error>R6025 Pure virtual function call

for your second Q,i can't even open the project.

when i add movies (*.vob) to a new project using MyDVD, i can preview the videos but there's no preview while encoding

thank you

thats when i get the MS Runtime error

also when i double click the saved *.dmsd file, i get the MS Runtime error>R6025 Pure virtual function call

for your second Q,i can't even open the project.

when i add movies (*.vob) to a new project using MyDVD, i can preview the videos but there's no preview while encoding

thank you

I am sorry but I am confused about what you are doing.

Did you launch Videowave (not myDVD) and create a project and save it as a VW project which will have the extension dmsm not dmsd?

Are you able to play the video in Videowave?

I am not asking anything about myDVD here at all!

You still have not answered my original question where did those vobs come from, where are they located?

I am sorry but I am confused about what you are doing.

Did you launch Videowave (not myDVD) and create a project and save it as a VW project which will have the extension dmsm not dmsd?

Are you able to play the video in Videowave?

I am not asking anything about myDVD here at all!

You still have not answered my original question where did those vobs come from, where are they located?

*.vob files are located under VIDEO_TS along with some *.BUP files

i saved the project using VideoWave9, program created two file>1. dmsm and 2. *.dat.

I'm able to play the imported video in VideoWave.

thanks

*.vob files are located under VIDEO_TS along with some *.BUP files

i saved the project using VideoWave9, program created two file>1. dmsm and 2. *.dat.

I'm able to play the imported video in VideoWave.

thanks

And those .vob files originated WHERE???

[snip]

Like pulling teeth, to get information, eh?

Archived