• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spin Doctor Won't Write My Defined Tracks

ken the macster

Question

I copied a track from a CD (drag and drop) - this one track actually has 6 songs on it, so I wanted to divide it up into 6 tracks. So I defined the 6 tracks by listening to them and watching the waveforms, gave each the correct name, and then tried to write them. First I used the option "Send active tracks to iTunes." This is exactly what I wanted to do. Well, after a few seconds of activity it seemed to be working BUT nothing was written to iTunes. I even checked my iTunes Music folder directly. Nothing there. Then I tried the option "Save active tracks." This time it placed 6 files on my desktop, BUT each of the files was only 68KB long, and contained no music, or at least Quicktime couldn't open them, and I know that each track should be several MB long anyway. Next I re-installed Spin Doctor from a new download - turns out that I had been using the current version. I'm at a loss on what to do now. Have never tried Spin Doctor before, so maybe it's something dumb. Suggestions?

Spin Doctor 4.02.333t, OS 10.4.11, 17"Flat Panel G4

2 answers to this question

First extract the song from the CD to the hard drive as an AIFF file and then open that file in Spin Doctor. You can use Toast to convert and save the CD's track to AIFF by adding it to the Audio window, selecting it and clicking the Export button.

First extract the song from the CD to the hard drive as an AIFF file and then open that file in Spin Doctor. You can use Toast to convert and save the CD's track to AIFF by adding it to the Audio window, selecting it and clicking the Export button.

OK, I did exactly what you suggested, and guess what? It worked! Still don't understand what I did wrong, but Thanks Much!

Archived