Burning Iso File

gmbdl

Question

Helping a friend with EMC 10. Have video production in videowave - about 1 hour and 20 min long. Burned to an ISO file, opened with copy/burn image. Inserted 4.7 GB DVD, keeps coming up with message "Blank disc you have inserted does not have enough free space". Whole ISO file is 4.42 GB, shouldn't this fit on a 4.7 disc. Have tried numerous discs but still get same message. We were also going to "split" the videowave production and delete the last half, thus creating two DVDs - Part 1 and Part 2. Did a split, but could not delete entire last half - only one photo at a time. Any way to do this.

We have been at this for numerous hours, these two old women are punchy, husbands starving - Roxio comes first though. Thanks in advance. MK

8 answers to this question

It's easy to do what you want to do. Bring your video into VideoWave, click on Timeline, then drag the blue "scubber" go to the point where you want to start your deleted portion, right click at that point, and select split. You will now have 2 parts of the video showing. Highlight the part that you want to delete, right click on it, and select delete.

Even easier, open Video Copy & Convert, and you should be able to use your .ISO image file as the source, and it'll transcode it to fit onto a DVD. The issue will be the final quality, since you're putting more than 1 hour, some compression will have to be done, but I'd suggest giving it a go and see what it looks like. It sounds like you have a bunch of still images, so the compression shouldn't hurt too much.

Even easier, open Video Copy & Convert, and you should be able to use your .ISO image file as the source, and it'll transcode it to fit onto a DVD. The issue will be the final quality, since you're putting more than 1 hour, some compression will have to be done, but I'd suggest giving it a go and see what it looks like. It sounds like you have a bunch of still images, so the compression shouldn't hurt too much.

Thanks for the advice. I am headed up to her house again today. It's a beautiful production of her trip to Italy and I just knew there had to be a way to get around the length. We will try that and I will get back to you. MK

Thanks for the advice. I am headed up to her house again today. It's a beautiful production of her trip to Italy and I just knew there had to be a way to get around the length. We will try that and I will get back to you. MK

Now I have another problem. Went to Video Copy and convert, got message "Cannot initialize burning engine, please reinstall the software". This EMC10 was purchased from Roxio online, no software. Went and did a repair, but still get same message. What does that message mean. Thanks. MK

Now I have another problem. Went to Video Copy and convert, got message "Cannot initialize burning engine, please reinstall the software". This EMC10 was purchased from Roxio online, no software. Went and did a repair, but still get same message. What does that message mean. Thanks. MK

Use the copy of the download that burned to disc and do a Clean Install – Here

Unfortunately as you have just discovered '4.7 GB' can mean two different things

As far as the computer is concerned, a kilobyte is 1024 bytes, a MB is 1024 KB and a GB is 1024 MB

The problem is that drive makers (and disc makers) consider that a KB is 1,000 bytes and so on - it means that in computer terms, your 4.7 GB is closer to 4.3 GB.

Normal rule of thumb for video DVDs is - one hour at best quality = one DVD

Unfortunately as you have just discovered '4.7 GB' can mean two different things

As far as the computer is concerned, a kilobyte is 1024 bytes, a MB is 1024 KB and a GB is 1024 MB

The problem is that drive makers (and disc makers) consider that a KB is 1,000 bytes and so on - it means that in computer terms, your 4.7 GB is closer to 4.3 GB.

Normal rule of thumb for video DVDs is - one hour at best quality = one DVD

Should have figured that. Now..... is it possible to go into Timeline, do a clip and delete the last 15 min or so, then go back to the original do another clip in the same place and delete the first half. Thus creating a part 1 and a part 2. When we tried to do a clip, all it would do was delete one photo at a time. Would like to delete a section rather that one photo. Any suggestions on how to divide the production would be appreciated. MK

Should have figured that. Now..... is it possible to go into Timeline, do a clip and delete the last 15 min or so, then go back to the original do another clip in the same place and delete the first half. Thus creating a part 1 and a part 2. When we tried to do a clip, all it would do was delete one photo at a time. Would like to delete a section rather that one photo. Any suggestions on how to divide the production would be appreciated. MK

It's easy to do what you want to do. Bring your video into VideoWave, click on Timeline, then drag the blue "scubber" go to the point where you want to start your deleted portion, right click at that point, and select split. You will now have 2 parts of the video showing. Highlight the part that you want to delete, right click on it, and select delete.

Archived