Tivo Transfer Doesn't Find Tivos!

Scott Ganyo

Question

I just upgraded to Toast 9.0.2 for the sole purpose of being able to download TiVo shows to my Mac. The program installed and Tivo Transfer launches just fine, but it can't find any TiVo machines (I have 2 of them - a Series 2 and a Series 3)!

Here are some details:

I'm running OS X 10.5.3 and I have an all Apple network setup.

The TiVos can access the Internet.

I can access the TiVo web pages using a direct IP address in Safari.

I can share to the TiVos using TiVo Desktop.

In other words, I can do everything except use Tivo Transfer... the one thing I want to do. Please help!

Thank you,

Scott

http://scott.ganyo.com

5 answers to this question

Same trouble here. I tried to use the online "contact us" form to submit for help but I received the wonderful reply included below.

I guess that means I won't get to actually ask Roxio for help.

---

Server Error in '/' Application.

Procedure 'spU_InsertTicketWSS' expects parameter '@User_Id', which was not supplied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure 'spU_InsertTicketWSS' expects parameter '@User_Id', which was not supplied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException (0x80131904): Procedure 'spU_InsertTicketWSS' expects parameter '@User_Id', which was not supplied.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857466

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735078

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +122

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +84

ewss.submitticket.SaveTicket(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2348

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBa

ckEvent(String eventArgument) +7

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Nope. I tried Roxio support, too, but after sending me an canned answer, they've completely ignored me.

If you learn anything, I'd love to hear it.

Best,

Scott

I was experiencing a similar problem with my Linksys router, Mac, Tivo and Toast 9.0.2. I think what finally got my Tivo recognized by Toast was going to the router settings and changing the filter multicast to 'enabled' and save the settings. I found a forum here that gave me the idea and has some more information: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37980

I also made sure that my Toast was registered and fully updated, but I think it was the router settings that made it work. Good luck.

I was experiencing a similar problem with my Linksys router, Mac, Tivo and Toast 9.0.2. I think what finally got my Tivo recognized by Toast was going to the router settings and changing the filter multicast to 'enabled' and save the settings. I found a forum here that gave me the idea and has some more information: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37980

I also made sure that my Toast was registered and fully updated, but I think it was the router settings that made it work. Good luck.

I'm using Apple's Time Capsule (i.e. Airport) router, and there isn't an option to turn multicasting off in the first place. Plus, multicasting seems to be working anyway because I can browse and share my iTunes, iPhoto, etc. between my computers - and all those use Bonjour - which uses multicast.

Archived