• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Keeps "creating" Smaller And Smaller Iso

Sol Rosenberg

Question

In Mydvd I'm rendering my movie to an ISO so I can burn multiple copies of it. The first time it worked (2.96 GB ISO burned to disk no problem) but I noticed an error in my movie while viewing it. Went into Mydvd and fixed the error, recreated the ISO, and burned to disk - now the disk does not play. I checked the properties of the ISO - now it is 2.40 GB rather than 2.96 GB. Then I actually created a new MyDvd project, imported the same single 40 minute videowave movie into it, and rendered it to ISO. Now it is 2.14 GB and creates a useless disk.

Any ideas here?

Just before I had successfully created an ISO of another movie and burned to disk no problem. One thing to note - when it starts the encoding process, the screen flashes some message for about 1/10 th of a second ( I obviously can't read it!), but then continues on with encoding. States at the end that it was completed successfully.

I did have this message once recently:

Skin image "something.png (don't remember)" found but cannot be loaded.

I restarted the computer, restarted the program, and didn't get the message again. This was just before the ISO creation went bad...

Should I do a full uninstall reinstall? I'll do whatever it takes - I need 44 copies of this film for distribution in three days...

Toshiba Satellite A100 (purchased in France) / Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 / Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series

10 answers to this question

In Mydvd I'm rendering my movie to an ISO so I can burn multiple copies of it. The first time it worked (2.96 GB ISO burned to disk no problem) but I noticed an error in my movie while viewing it. Went into Mydvd and fixed the error, recreated the ISO, and burned to disk - now the disk does not play. I checked the properties of the ISO - now it is 2.40 GB rather than 2.96 GB. Then I actually created a new MyDvd project, imported the same single 40 minute videowave movie into it, and rendered it to ISO. Now it is 2.14 GB and creates a useless disk.

Any ideas here?

Just before I had successfully created an ISO of another movie and burned to disk no problem. One thing to note - when it starts the encoding process, the screen flashes some message for about 1/10 th of a second ( I obviously can't read it!), but then continues on with encoding. States at the end that it was completed successfully.

I did have this message once recently:

Skin image "something.png (don't remember)" found but cannot be loaded.

I restarted the computer, restarted the program, and didn't get the message again. This was just before the ISO creation went bad...

Should I do a full uninstall reinstall? I'll do whatever it takes - I need 44 copies of this film for distribution in three days...

Toshiba Satellite A100 (purchased in France) / Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 / Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series

Forgot to add:

After finishing a session in MyDVD, closing the program, and trying to shut down the computer, VideoWave is still running in the background, and must be shut down before the computer will shut down (pops up on the screen "Videowave 10 is running" and gives you the option to "end now" or cancel. If I cancel, the shut down stops of course)

Reboot and do it again.

Burn the ISO to a DVD RW, which you should have by now.

Let us know what happens.

Hey Jim,

I've rebooted and rerendered the ISO 4 times, and each time the ISO file gets smaller and smaller (so I have stopped burning to disk anyway as I know the file is supposed to be about 2.9 GB)

This combined with your other problems indicate a Clean Install is in order. - Here

Frankly after looking through your posts of problems, you may need to format your HD and go from there. But I would certainly try the Clean Install first…

I will try multiple ISO's but I don't think this is something that anyone can replicate

This combined with your other problems indicate a Clean Install is in order. - Here

Frankly after looking through your posts of problems, you may need to format your HD and go from there. But I would certainly try the Clean Install first…

I will try multiple ISO's but I don't think this is something that anyone can replicate

Thanks, I'm trying this right now. If it works, I'll delete my other post that is specifically about the videowave in the background issue (if I can do this when it's locked).

I ran the test with mine, rebooting after each ISO Burn.

At ISO 5 I edited and removed 1 minute from the production. There was a difference in that one file.

However I did Burn and Play all to disc and none presented any problem.

post-39730-1212440433.jpg

That pretty well rules out a Program glitch as the source of the problem.

I ran the test with mine, rebooting after each ISO Burn.

At ISO 5 I edited and removed 1 minute from the production. There was a difference in that one file.

However I did Burn and Play all to disc and none presented any problem.

post-39730-1212440433.jpg

That pretty well rules out a Program glitch as the source of the problem.

Thanks for your help on this. I did the clean install, opened MyDVD, burned the project to ISO, and had the same problem. Again, when I went to shut down the computer, a box popped up saying that videowave10 was running, and I had to click end now in order to complete the shut down. I think this is the root of the problem, and wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Why would it still be running after I have closed MyDVD?

Why would it still be running after I have closed MyDVD?

It shouldn't be running at all if you closed VideoWave, opened MyDVD, imported the VideoWave project and rendered it to an .iso file.

If you trimmed the video or changed the menu, the size could change, but it shouldn't vary by a lot.

It shouldn't be running at all if you closed VideoWave, opened MyDVD, imported the VideoWave project and rendered it to an .iso file.

If you trimmed the video or changed the menu, the size could change, but it shouldn't vary by a lot.

When I closed videowave and opened mydvd, I checked the processes in task manager and saw that videowave 10 was on top, taking tons of memory. I don't see "mydvd" in the process list anywhere.

When I closed videowave and opened mydvd, I checked the processes in task manager and saw that videowave 10 was on top, taking tons of memory. I don't see "mydvd" in the process list anywhere.

One of the quirks of EMC 10 - myDVD shows up as Videowave in the Task Manager. This is a completely different Videowave then when you launch Videowave. You could have both Videowaves running at the same time :blink:

Archived