• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

revpjw3

Roxio Udf Reader For Non-roxio Winxp Users

I have tried to download a basic Roxio UDF Reader for those who used to own Roxio ECDC on a different Dell laptop (I now have a Dell laptop that uses Sonic Products) but cannot access CD's written using ECDC. Each time I attempt to download I get the following message:

An Error Has Occured

Sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time.

Error Details: Error Details Are Unavailable

For your convenience, here is a list of frequently requested pages:

Recorder Support Database

Roxio Product Catalog

Software Updates

Careers at Roxio

How can I open these files?

I have tried to download a basic Roxio UDF Reader for those who used to own Roxio ECDC on a different Dell laptop (I now have a Dell laptop that uses Sonic Products) but cannot access CD's written using ECDC. Each time I attempt to download I get the following message:

An Error Has Occured

I suspect you used Packet-Writing, that is, you first formatted the disc with DirectCD.

If you are trying to open the discs on WinXP, there is a built-in .udf reader, and if that doesn't see anything to read, that could well be becaue there is't anything.

I would suggest trying one of the recovery programs, such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBuster (www.isobuster.com) - both have impressive testimonials on their websites and in the Roxio boards. Both have a "trial" version that lets you see if there is anything that can be recovered.

If you used CD-R, there is a pretty good probability. If you used CD-RW, it could've faded to blank.

I hope these are NOT your only copy.

For future use, avoid Packet-Writing (DirectCD, Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc). To KEEP the data, NEVER format the disc.

Use a Sessions-based program like DataProject (or WinXP's built-in burning program), and finalize the session.

Lynn

I suspect you used Packet-Writing, that is, you first formatted the disc with DirectCD.

If you are trying to open the discs on WinXP, there is a built-in .udf reader, and if that doesn't see anything to read, that could well be becaue there is't anything.

I would suggest trying one of the recovery programs, such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBuster (www.isobuster.com) - both have impressive testimonials on their websites and in the Roxio boards. Both have a "trial" version that lets you see if there is anything that can be recovered.

If you used CD-R, there is a pretty good probability. If you used CD-RW, it could've faded to blank.

I hope these are NOT your only copy.

For future use, avoid Packet-Writing (DirectCD, Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc). To KEEP the data, NEVER format the disc.

Use a Sessions-based program like DataProject (or WinXP's built-in burning program), and finalize the session.

Lynn

Greetings!

You are right on the money. I will try the suggestions you offered. Thanks. I'll let you know how I make out.

An Error Has Occured

For your convenience, here is a list of frequently requested pages:

Recorder Support Database

Roxio Product Catalog

Software Updates

Careers at Roxio

I just went into the software updates area and was able to download the udf reader ok. If you still need it, maybe try again?

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/softw...datesv4_2.jhtml

Or - go to Download.com to get the 5.1 version of the reader. It should work ok for you also and it is free.

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?t...0&search=+Go%21

Edited by rich86

Rich,

The first link you gave is only for an UPDATE to the UDF reader. Roxio still haven't fixed that. To use the update, you need to have the reader installed.

The Download.Com link supplies the actual reader, which you can later update with the file from Roxio if you wish.

I still suspect the member will end up having to use CDRoller.

Rich,

The first link you gave is only for an UPDATE to the UDF reader. Roxio still haven't fixed that. To use the update, you need to have the reader installed.

Yes - I could not remember if Roxio ever fixed that, which is why I included the Download.com link. The 5.1 udf reader should work ok on a WinXP system - assuming the disc itself is ok . . . which is always a risk . . . .

Yes - I could not remember if Roxio ever fixed that, which is why I included the Download.com link. The 5.1 udf reader should work ok on a WinXP system - assuming the disc itself is ok . . . which is always a risk . . . .

But, WinXP has a built-in .udf reader, so if it won't recognize the discs, that is NOT a good indicate.

However, you do get points for answering the question that was asked, rather than the probably background. :)

Lynn