• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Dvd Scheduling?

Dirty Dave

Question

I have a million .avi files to convert so they can be burned to DVD. For this I use EMC 10 My DVD. The program works fine however, it is a slow process to sit and convert these files and burn to DVD.

Q: Is it possible to set up a schedule of disc to be burnt?

Example: Create the menus, add the movies, Click BURN, ONLY Check the create ISO file. I do not want to acutally burn the disc at the moment with a scheduler as you would have to be sitting there to change the disc. I want to set up a schedule of things to be "burnt" and saved as an ISO and then come back later and burn them to DVD.

EMC 10

Nvidia 8800GTX

AMD X2 6000+

4 Gig Ram

2 answers to this question

I have a million .avi files to convert so they can be burned to DVD. For this I use EMC 10 My DVD. The program works fine however, it is a slow process to sit and convert these files and burn to DVD.

Example: Create the menus, add the movies, Click BURN, ONLY Check the create ISO file. I do not want to acutally burn the disc at the moment with a scheduler as you would have to be sitting there to change the disc. I want to set up a schedule of things to be "burnt" and saved as an ISO and then come back later and burn them to DVD.

EMC 10

Nvidia 8800GTX

AMD X2 6000+

4 Gig Ram

No unattended burning available, as far as I know.

You can't set up a schedule, but you can click the Burn and ONLY check the Save as an image file.

You don't have to burn a DVD at the same time you save the image file.

I'd suggest that you set up a separate folder for all those 'image files' (.iso) and save the files in that one location. Then when you come back later to burn them to DVDs, you'll have them all in one place.

Once you've burned the DVDs, you can move the image files to another folder or rename them to indicate that it's been burned.

Archived