• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bsod Saving Directly To Cd-rw.

jricha20

Question

I have a squirrely problem that seems to occur in several versions EMC (6, 7, 7.5).

When a user tries to save a file directly to a CD-RW that has been formatted with Drag-to-disk, the system will crash with a STOP 0x27 error in CDUDF_XP.SYS then reboots.

If we save the file to the hard drive, copy it to the CD-RW, open it, edit it, then save it, everything is fine. The file on the disk is updated and reads like it should.

This has happened on every Roxio-equipped system I have tried.

5 answers to this question

I have a squirrely problem that seems to occur in several versions EMC (6, 7, 7.5).

When a user tries to save a file directly to a CD-RW that has been formatted with Drag-to-disk, the system will crash with a STOP 0x27 error in CDUDF_XP.SYS then reboots.

If we save the file to the hard drive, copy it to the CD-RW, open it, edit it, then save it, everything is fine. The file on the disk is updated and reads like it should.

Guessing you have Norton AV running actively??? Check their site for a fix, they broke it!

Just out of curiosity ... I hope you aren't using this for backup storage?

If so, you are using the worst possible combination of program and media - Packet-Writing and RW.

You might check to see if your older discs - with luck, over a year old, but could be 3 months or less - are readable.

Lynn

Archived