Mydvd 10 - "unknown Dvd" In Windows Media Player

funnybroad

Question

I have a Roxio MyDVD Project (.dmsd). I have added 6 "VideoWave Productions" as "Movies". Then in the "Project View" panel, on the "Menus" tab, I edited the name of each movie to be a little bit more descriptive than the filename.

I have burned the project to DVD.

When I play the DVD using Windows Media Player, the name of the DVD is "Unknown DVD", and the name of each of the VideoWave Productions are "Title 1", "Title 2".... "Title 6". After selecting each Title, underneath there are generic Chapter names: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc...

When I examine the DVD's properties from Windows Explorer, the title is simply "MYDVD".

Is there any way to set these property values using MyDVD?

4 answers to this question

I think the problem is that WMP can not retrieve information about the DVD you made. It's not a problem of how you label of the disc when burning.

Even when I play a retail DVD (Almost Famous), it shows Unknown DVD in WMP.

It plays fine. I'm just wondering if it can "look" better... :rolleyes: Besides... if the feature doesn't work, why offer it as an option to the user? It creates confusion.

What happens when you play the movie in a DVD Player or Roxio's CinePlayer ?

It plays fine. I'm just wondering if it can "look" better... :rolleyes: Besides... if the feature doesn't work, why offer it as an option to the user? It creates confusion.

Are you saying that the titles you replaced don't show up when you play it in the DVD player or using CinePlayer?

Archived