• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Effects/text Effects Not Present

Bdub

Question

So, I'm not sure if I'm completely missing the boat, but when I try to click on the Effect Selector in Video Wave 9, a window pops up and says "There are no items to show in this view." Similarly, I get the same message when I try to click on the "Add text effect" or "Add Video Effect" options.

Am I missing something here? All I want is a simple "scroll credits" type of effect. Am I missing a file? I already checked and my hardware rendering is fine, so it seems like I'm missing some software? Lastly, I can't seem to add any text - if I try to click on the "add text here" box, VideoWave crashes and I have to restart...

I'm running Vista 64 bit, btw.

Please help. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

So, I'm not sure if I'm completely missing the boat, but when I try to click on the Effect Selector in Video Wave 9, a window pops up and says "There are no items to show in this view." Similarly, I get the same message when I try to click on the "Add text effect" or "Add Video Effect" options.

Am I missing something here? All I want is a simple "scroll credits" type of effect. Am I missing a file? I already checked and my hardware rendering is fine, so it seems like I'm missing some software? Lastly, I can't seem to add any text - if I try to click on the "add text here" box, VideoWave crashes and I have to restart...

I'm running Vista 64 bit, btw.

Please help. Thanks.

I assume that you do not have an OEM version of the software, that you have loaded both the program and the contents parts of EMC, and that your screen resolution is above the minimum and that your Windows font setting is set to 96 dpi.

I also assume that you are using Video Wave for your project. Although you have checked the rendering, I strongly recommend that you set it to software. What video card/chip do you have?

In Video Wave, go to the top menu and select (this is for 10 and 9). Click on the image you want to add text to, select internal track. Go to the top menu and select "View", then "Effects Selector". Note: After the windows opens, go back to View and select "Dock Effects Selector". It will be locked to the right side of the window.

Go to the text tab, select the "A+" (text tab). One of the first ones is "Basic Credits". Drag that onto the image and type in your text.

Note with any scrolling, make sure the image duration is long enough to get it all in before the next slide. Start with something like 20 seconds or so; you can shorten it later.

Watch this video.

If all my assumptions are correct and you still can't add text. Come back and let us know what is happening. In fact, come back and let us know what solved your problem for the benefit of others who cannot add text.

I assume that you do not have an OEM version of the software, that you have loaded both the program and the contents parts of EMC, and that your screen resolution is above the minimum and that your Windows font setting is set to 96 dpi.

I also assume that you are using Video Wave for your project. Although you have checked the rendering, I strongly recommend that you set it to software. What video card/chip do you have?

In Video Wave, go to the top menu and select (this is for 10 and 9). Click on the image you want to add text to, select internal track. Go to the top menu and select "View", then "Effects Selector". Note: After the windows opens, go back to View and select "Dock Effects Selector". It will be locked to the right side of the window.

Go to the text tab, select the "A+" (text tab). One of the first ones is "Basic Credits". Drag that onto the image and type in your text.

Note with any scrolling, make sure the image duration is long enough to get it all in before the next slide. Start with something like 20 seconds or so; you can shorten it later.

Watch this video.

If all my assumptions are correct and you still can't add text. Come back and let us know what is happening. In fact, come back and let us know what solved your problem for the benefit of others who cannot add text.

Ok, I gave it a shot. I'm using an NVIDIA Geoforce 8400M GS card. You are correct in assuming that it's not an OEM version, and that I have the settings set on high. I did load up the contents disc, but I did it separately from installing ECM9 (as in, I started using ECM9, and then realized I might need the contents to do the scrolling bit, then installed the contents disc).

Here's what happens: I select the Effects Selector window, which pops up, but there's nothing in it, except the message "There are no items to show in this view". I'm suspecting that somehow when I installed the contents disc, it didn't install correctly, but I don't know how to re-install or point the program to the correct directories.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Ok, I gave it a shot. I'm using an NVIDIA Geoforce 8400M GS card. You are correct in assuming that it's not an OEM version, and that I have the settings set on high. I did load up the contents disc, but I did it separately from installing ECM9 (as in, I started using ECM9, and then realized I might need the contents to do the scrolling bit, then installed the contents disc).

Here's what happens: I select the Effects Selector window, which pops up, but there's nothing in it, except the message "There are no items to show in this view". I'm suspecting that somehow when I installed the contents disc, it didn't install correctly, but I don't know how to re-install or point the program to the correct directories.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Make sure that you have selected something to add the effects to.

Go to Windows Control, Panel, Add or Remove Settings. Got to the content program. If there is a repair, use that. You may have to insert the contents disc. If the repair option is not there, delete the contents and re-install.

This does happen sometimes and the repair or re-installation usually fixes it.

As a last resort, you'll have to uninstall the complete program and reinstall but I don't think so.

Did you have an earlier version of a Roxio program on your hard drive?

Make sure that you have selected something to add the effects to.

Go to Windows Control, Panel, Add or Remove Settings. Got to the content program. If there is a repair, use that. You may have to insert the contents disc. If the repair option is not there, delete the contents and re-install.

This does happen sometimes and the repair or re-installation usually fixes it.

As a last resort, you'll have to uninstall the complete program and reinstall but I don't think so.

Did you have an earlier version of a Roxio program on your hard drive?

Blast it all. I went to try to install EMC 9 update and the danged thing crashed on me mid install. Now half the stuff was uninstalled, so I gave up, uninstalled, and went out and got EMC 10.

That seemed to work. Not sure what happened before, perhaps if I had reinstalled EMC9 it would have worked, but we'll never know now.

Thanks for the help.

Archived