Mydvd Closes When Selecting New Blu-ray Project

Cyclone

Question

I'm trying to create a Blu Ray disc. Roxio advertises that EMC supports Blu Ray burning and HD editing. http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/suite/compare.html[ - search for HD and Blu Ray on the page). I found in another post that there is some question about creating a blu ray disk. I did as suggested in that post, which is File, New, BDAV. As soon as I click on BDAV, MyDVD closes. It doesn't crash. I always get the "Please Wait, Closing Component" window. I've tried it about 10 times. Rebooting doesn't help. What's wrong here?

I have a Sony Vaio runing Vista. It's dual core with 2 GB RAM. It also has a Blu Ray burner. And this is MyDVD 10 that I'm using.

5 answers to this question

EMC 10 Creates Blu-ray data discs or you can copy existing Blu-ray discs. Right now you cannot author Blu-ray video content with EMC 10.

The link above does mention HD editing. You can edit HD video using EMC 10. However you cant currently burn HD content in the Blu-ray format using EMC 10.

The link above also mentions Blu-ray, but only in the context of duplicating discs (non-encrypted discs of course).

EMC 10 Creates Blu-ray data discs or you can copy existing Blu-ray discs. Right now you cannot author Blu-ray video content with EMC 10.

The link above does mention HD editing. You can edit HD video using EMC 10. However you cant currently burn HD content in the Blu-ray format using EMC 10.

The link above also mentions Blu-ray, but only in the context of duplicating discs (non-encrypted discs of course).

Bummer. I certainly believed that I could burn Blu Ray based on that link. Can I burn Blu-Ray with EMC 9? I seem to remember reading somewhere that I could burn Blu-Ray discs in EMC 9, and based on the page above I figured EMC 10 was the same. After all - what's the point of editing in HD if you can't burn it? Perhaps you know of some third party software that would let me burn HD content to a Blu-Ray disc after I've edited it?

Bummer. I certainly believed that I could burn Blu Ray based on that link. Can I burn Blu-Ray with EMC 9? I seem to remember reading somewhere that I could burn Blu-Ray discs in EMC 9, and based on the page above I figured EMC 10 was the same. After all - what's the point of editing in HD if you can't burn it? Perhaps you know of some third party software that would let me burn HD content to a Blu-Ray disc after I've edited it?

Check your private messages ( top right )

This is the offical response when I contacted Roxio Customer Care:

"EMC10 will not burn a BDAV disc, it will only create a bluray data project using the data portion of the software, if you are looking to burn BDAV you would need to purchase DVDitPROHD."

Archived