• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd 9 Studio Premier

laurab

Question

I am having a terrible time with creating a slideshow on MyDVD 9 Studio Premier. With some transitions the picture is zoomed in on too far. With other transitions, the zoom is fine but there are two images of the same picture on the slideshow. The preview does not show this, but when I burn the disc it does. I have experimented a lot with the program and now I am extremely frustrated. Any suggestions on what I need to do? Thanks!

8 answers to this question

I am not sure if I have an empty AGP slot. Could you be more specific on what you mean? Sorry... I am still learning all this stuff! Thanks for you help- I think you might have the answer here. Thanks!

Do you have a laptop or a desk top? What make and model?

An AGP slot is a receptacle inside your computer near the back where you can plug in video card that will work better than a built in chip with any graphic program. You now have a video chip on your mother board. Those work in a lot of applications but only marginally well with programs that require better video processing. Many manufacturers use a video chip because they are cheaper to manufacture and take little space. Adding a video card will disable the chip and give you the better video performance.

Most laptops have video chips because of the space, cost, and energy savings. Typically laptop's video devices cannot be upgraded.

There are several types of slots for video cards; AGP, PCI and PCIe. You must determine what kind of slot you have before buying a video card. if you have never opened your computer, and do decide to add a card, get someone to help. It is a 10 minute job but you are working inside your computer so be careful. The card will have all the instructions and the drivers (computer to card interface program) to make the job easier.

You can get a good video card on sale for under $100 (examples); get what you can afford but get one with at least 256 MB on board memory.

There are two main companies that make the guts (chip) for video card; NVidia and ATI. Some prefer one over the other; I like ATI based cards saince they seem to perform better in MY computer.

Also, what kind of monitor do you have and how do you have it connected to your computer> What is the refresh rate. It may be a possibility that the issue is display in addition to the marginal video chip. I'm just guessing and have not found any solution by using Google. Perhaps one of the computer experts can offer more help.

Here is one that I found regarding resolution and refresh rates. It may also be an issue with graphics acceleration.

Before we go further, please let us know what direction you want to go.

I am having a terrible time with creating a slideshow on MyDVD 9 Studio Premier. With some transitions the picture is zoomed in on too far. With other transitions, the zoom is fine but there are two images of the same picture on the slideshow. The preview does not show this, but when I burn the disc it does. I have experimented a lot with the program and now I am extremely frustrated. Any suggestions on what I need to do? Thanks!

Don't use the Slide Show Assistant if you want to do the editing that it seems that you want. You should have a version of Video Wave in that program. It should look something like the image. Use that. You can apply automotion to the slide show and, if you don't like what you get, you can reapply it and get a different scheme.

If you decide to use the Video Wave option in My DVD, then this might help. Look in the tips and tricks area for EMC 9; many will apply to your version.

post-58-1212527402.jpg

I have a desktop computer. I haven't worked inside my computer before, but if it has directions I think I can do it (unless you would strongly reccommed not). I think it must have something to do with the video card since I have not experienced any issues prior to this program. So the first step would be to find out what type of slot I have free, correct?

I cannot thank you all enough for all your help!!

Thanks for the VideoWave idea. It works great, but I still have a split screen. It takes the left half of the picture and repeats is side by side. As far as zooming in too far-- I found how to zoom in, but it will not let me zoom out to view the whole picture. I don't understand what it would do this automatically.

Thanks for the VideoWave idea. It works great, but I still have a split screen. It takes the left half of the picture and repeats is side by side. As far as zooming in too far-- I found how to zoom in, but it will not let me zoom out to view the whole picture. I don't understand what it would do this automatically.

I don't know about the double image. It may have something to do with your video card.

Are you making allowances for the TV safe zone? Read about it here (link).

Please post your computer specs in your signature. Go to My Controls at the top of this page and then look to the left to edit your signature.

Also please post your video card/chip information. Update the driver for that card and also the Microsoft DirectX appropriate version (9c or 10 (Vista)).

To get your video card/chip information, go to Windows, Start, Run. Type in dxdiag. Click OK. When the window opens, look at the display tab. On the left will be the device and on the right, the driver version number and date. Post that here.

What are your monitor display settings?

The picture is in the TV safe zone.

My video card info is

SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series

Main driver: SiSGRV.dll

Screen resolution 1024x768

Plug and Play

Thanks for your time and help!

You have a low end video chipset that probably won't work, even if you find newer drivers for it. You need to get a standalone video card. Does your computer have an empty AGP slot?

Archived