• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Needed With Creator 9 Lock-up

thouchins

Question

When I select EDIT VIDEO I go to where my AVI files are located that I want to ADD to the EDIT VIDEO option.

As soon as I highlight AVI file #1, the screen locks-up. The mouse will move but I cant click anything or move anything.

This just started. Creator 9 has been working great for over a year.

Does anyone have any ideas?????

Thanks,

Terry in Texas

5 answers to this question

I've already done a re-install three times.

The last time after I un-installed, I did a search on the hard drive for ROXIO and deleted anything left.

Then I went into the Registry and deleted a couple of things but stopped when I notice there was just too many.

ROXIO is all over the place in the Registry still.

Terry

Jim, I read your reply a little closer and I see what your referring to.

Yes, I will try that procedure of removing ROXIO completely and let you know if it works.

Thanks,

Terry

I find it works best when you print out the procedures and check off the items as you go.

Jim,

I tried the procedure, but it didn't work.

Now that I've done a re-install, I'm now getting a message about me needing a MPEG codec. And when the software goes to Roxio's site to get it, it says INVALID PRODUCT KEY, but I know it's good.

So now I've got another problem to figure out.

It seems that the problem is with VIDEOWAVE 9. Any video file I click to ADD to be edited, goes into LOCK-UP mode.

I guess I'll have to go back to using NERO.

Terry

Messages have specific meaning and words like about are not any help.

There is a section below about Activation but you would need to know if that actually applies to you…

You did not say if this is a Retail copy (one you bought) or OEM (bundled with a PC or Drive). The OEM's don't need activation.

If the Activation applies to your situation try that. Then I would redo the Clean Install if that doesn't work.

Archived