• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Le 5.2 Transcodes Lpcm Audio Unexpectedly

BenoitM

Question

I use MyDVD LE 5.2.3 since long & am happy with it for what I need: it creates reliable DVDs that most players can read without problem.

Lately, I wanted to produce a DVD with LPCM audio (audio quality was more important than video); I have selected the appropriate option in MyDVD LE's preferences.

The DVD consists of 2 clips of approx. 45 min, each with an mpeg-2 video file (.M2V) and corresponding .WAV file (LPCM stereo 16 bit, 48 kHz).

The 2 .WAV files are approximately ~500 MB and were produced by the same professional video editing app.

The strange thing is: when creating the DVD, MyDVD LE transcodes the audio of the first clip, not the second one ! (None of the video files are transcoded, as expected). When I look in the MyDVD temp directory, I can see indeed a .bin file matching the size (actually a few kB less) of the original .WAV file #1, but no temp file for the .WAV file #2, confirming that only one of the two audio files where transcoded.

Questions: why would MyDVD transcode only one of these WAV files ? to what was the file transcoded ? what processing was applied to the audio ? I was creating a DVD with LPCM audio in order to minimize (potentially destructive) processing of the audio portion and I wonder what processing was applied by MyDVD to (only one of) these WAV audio files ?

Any hints ?

Thank you

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived