Roxio Won't Burn Files In Order

garybeafl

Question

5 answers to this question

I am entering them into the burning program and I want them to be converted to audio that will play in a car. I would like for them to be in the same order as I entered them so as I understand it I will have to number them as I enter them in Roxio.

If you make an mp3 disc and your car player uses playlists then the disc should play in the order of the playlist.

If your car doesn't play mp3's then you need to make an Audio cd and the tracks will play in the order you put them on the disc.

Well its simple. You will have to add 01, 02, 03 and so on as prefix since these are considered as data file as far as OS naming convention is concerned. What this mean is no matter what order the file are burnt, they will be alphabetized. This is a normal behavior with any softtware burning mp3 or wma files.

Actually that's a Windows function.It will always show them in alphabetical order.

If all you do if burn the mp3's to a disc then you've created a data disc and that's the way Windows handles it.

If you create an mp3 disc then the playlist created should play then in whatever order they were placed in.

Also,keep in mind that just because you used mp3's doesn't make it an Audio cd.When using mp3's you either make an mp3 (data) disc with a playlist or you make an actual Audio cd and the mp3's are converted to the Audio CD specs,in which case you can burn them in any order you like.

Archived