• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem Burning.

rkearnes

Question

I'm trying to use Creator classic to burn from disc image file. When I select my iso file and the Burn progress screen comes up, under the device summary, there is no device selected and when I show the details tab, there are no drives available under destinations.

MY DVD drive is functioning normally as far as I can tell. Please help.

11 answers to this question

Go here and try downloading and running the small app.

I installed and ran the tool and it solved the issue although now I have another. Once I start to burn it gets about 5% through the project and I get the following error (I tried three times)...

D: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S (*Write error - Hardware error."[04/03/00])

I installed and ran the tool and it solved the issue although now I have another. Once I start to burn it gets about 5% through the project and I get the following error (I tried three times)...

D: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S (*Write error - Hardware error."[04/03/00])

Try burning some data files to a DVD, and see if you still get the same error. That is a hardware error, and it could be that your burner is on its way out.

Edited for bonehead typo.

Try burning some data files to a DVD, and see if you still get the same error. That is a software error, and it could be that your burner is on its way out.

I burned 2 GB's of photo files to a disc with no errors by using the drag to disc. Any other suggestions.

I burned 2 GB's of photo files to a disc with no errors by using the drag to disc. Any other suggestions.

I edited my post. I meant hardware error.

There must be something corrupt with the image file that you are trying to burn. Where did the image file orignate?

Also, don't use Drag to Disc for anything but immediate transfer from one computer to another. Packet writing software is not good for backing up important data. Use Creator Classic for that.

I edited my post. I meant hardware error.

There must be something corrupt with the image file that you are trying to burn. Where did the image file orignate?

Also, don't use Drag to Disc for anything but immediate transfer from one computer to another. Packet writing software is not good for backing up important data. Use Creator Classic for that.

The iso image is from btjunkie.org I have tried all four iso's that I have. They are for the Star Trek Next Generation series and they're all coming from the same source. I burned the first 45 discs with no issues and 46 - 49 all get the same error. When I initially had the issue I used the Roxio uninstall tool and reinstalled from the original box disc.

The iso image is from btjunkie.org I have tried all four iso's that I have. They are for the Star Trek Next Generation series and they're all coming from the same source. I burned the first 45 discs with no issues and 46 - 49 all get the same error. When I initially had the issue I used the Roxio uninstall tool and reinstalled from the original box disc.

It appears that it could be a copy protection issue.

I am using DVD +R instead of -R. Could that be the difference. I have used -R in past although I didn't think it should make a difference.

It depends whether or not your burner burns both. My guess is that it does. Have you updated to the latest firmware for the burner? What brand of media are you using?

I'm trying to use Creator classic to burn from disc image file. When I select my iso file and the Burn progress screen comes up, under the device summary, there is no device selected and when I show the details tab, there are no drives available under destinations.

MY DVD drive is functioning normally as far as I can tell. Please help.

Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S DVD/CDROM.

This problem just surfaced this week. I have been able to use it in past.

Archived