Easy Cd And Dvd Burning Not Listing In Roxio Products List

Joe_Fisherman

Question

I purchased Easy CD and DVD Burning for Christmas and have recently begun using it.

There are no updates for this software and apparently there never will be (pinned topic).

Why is this product not in the list of products Roxio offers? Has this product been discontinued? If so what replaces this software? I paid $30.00 for this just a few months ago, what kind of discount upgrade packages are available if this software is now obsolete?

In fact when I go to the upgrade center webpage this product if not even listed there either.

When I search the Support webpage for "Easy CD & DVD Burning" only two topics come up.

Is there perhaps an equivalent product name for this product? Does Roxio call this another name?

8 answers to this question

I purchased Easy CD and DVD Burning for Christmas and have recently begun using it.

There are no updates for this software and apparently there never will be (pinned topic).

Why is this product not in the list of products Roxio offers? Has this product been discontinued? If so what replaces this software? I paid $30.00 for this just a few months ago, what kind of discount upgrade packages are available if this software is now obsolete?

In fact when I go to the upgrade center webpage this product if not even listed there either.

When I search the Support webpage for "Easy CD & DVD Burning" only two topics come up.

Is there perhaps an equivalent product name for this product? Does Roxio call this another name?

Were just fellow users on this forum, and are not privy to what sort of discount upgrade package Roxio has.

Contact Roxio for details.

Easy CD & DVD Burning is a cut-down program. There are two Versions of it - one based on ECD/DVDC 6, the other on EMC 9 - and you have the one based on EMC 9 (which is around $100, rather than $30).

The current Version is EMC 10.

You might consider getting the full EMC 9 someplace like eBay or similar.

Lynn

<snip>

Here's an honest answer for your honest questions.

Easy CD and DVD Burning appears to have been a one-time marketing effort from Roxio. They put out a simple, dumbed-down, cheap, feature-limited version of their software to perform a few simple functions

- make audio and data CDs

- simple slideshows and photo manipulation

- copy unprotected discs

- capture video and make simple video DVDs

- make simple disc labels

It's not a current product. If you want a newer one you'll have to pay for a full-priced current version with all the bells and whistles and a price to match.

It is not obsolete, it's just a one-shot non-updating collection of software. It should work forever or until you change to a new Microsoft operating system which doesn't have backward compatability. If you run the software with the Internet connected, you'll be offered a discount "(50% off msrp!)" price of $49.99 if you want to buy Easy Media Creator 10. Clicking on mine just now, I'm told it's $30 instant, and $20 MIR.

There is no equivalent product name, and I don't believe that Roxio calls the software another name although on this forum it often gets called 'the RedBox"

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

Brendon

Here is a message from Roxio:

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket!

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

There are no updates at the present time.

This is a retail only version that was never sold at the Roxio online store, It was designed at the request of the retailers as an inexpensive CD and DVD Burning software.

For a complete Burning Suite there is Easy Media Creator 10. The new Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 gives you creative inspiration and all the tools you need to enhance your digital lifestyle. Create, share and enjoy your movies, memories and music as only you can.

Its not listed for an upgrade because its not upgradable.

There isn't alot of support issues with ECDB.

Archived