Mydvd 10 Hangs/locks Up During Burn - Encoding To Dvd

wltb

Question

Hello,

I browsed the kb for an error similar to what's happening to me and I just can't find anything about it, so here it goes.

Using a pretty new Laptop (Dell XPS) with Vista Ultimate 2gb ram, plenty of disc space available, and Intel 2.X Ghz processor.

Everything about MyDVD 10 works fine, I can edit, preview, anything in the project. However, when I go to burn DVD (tried directly to dvd and hard disc) the Burn Project window shows the progress (Encoding Movie) and shortly after (no obvious pattern) everything halts.

The app does not die, if I click cancel it will cancel and take me back to the project, but I just can not get it past where it gets stuck and it's driving me bananas.

I though maybe the combination of pictures and video was doing something so I started deleting pics and videos to see if one of them was causing the system to hang up but nothing.

Is there a log file that shows what or where the encoding process failed? Again, the encoding just stops until I cancel the burn process.

Thank you for your help!!!

ps. Something must have happened because I had no problem burning the first 4-6 projects which were pretty large.

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I browsed the kb for an error similar to what's happening to me and I just can't find anything about it, so here it goes.

Using a pretty new Laptop (Dell XPS) with Vista Ultimate 2gb ram, plenty of disc space available, and Intel 2.X Ghz processor.

Everything about MyDVD 10 works fine, I can edit, preview, anything in the project. However, when I go to burn DVD (tried directly to dvd and hard disc) the Burn Project window shows the progress (Encoding Movie) and shortly after (no obvious pattern) everything halts.

The app does not die, if I click cancel it will cancel and take me back to the project, but I just can not get it past where it gets stuck and it's driving me bananas.

I though maybe the combination of pictures and video was doing something so I started deleting pics and videos to see if one of them was causing the system to hang up but nothing.

Is there a log file that shows what or where the encoding process failed? Again, the encoding just stops until I cancel the burn process.

Thank you for your help!!!

ps. Something must have happened because I had no problem burning the first 4-6 projects which were pretty large.

How is your pc attempting to encode and then burn? In MyDVD, go to Settings, Tools, then Options. Is it rendering via hardware? If so, try the Software option and see if this helps.

How is your pc attempting to encode and then burn? In MyDVD, go to Settings, Tools, then Options. Is it rendering via hardware? If so, try the Software option and see if this helps.

Hi,

I don't know if it's encoding first and then burn, is that a setting? All I can see is the burn window and how it just stops while "encoding".

I tried changing the rendering to HW/SF and still nothing. This is SO frustratring, spent a bunch of time with this project, triming videos and music etc etc.... and now I got NADA.

Is there a pay for support option? At this point I don't mind paying for tech support if I get a fix.

Thx

Hi,

I don't know if it's encoding first and then burn, is that a setting? All I can see is the burn window and how it just stops while "encoding".

I tried changing the rendering to HW/SF and still nothing. This is SO frustratring, spent a bunch of time with this project, triming videos and music etc etc.... and now I got NADA.

Is there a pay for support option? At this point I don't mind paying for tech support if I get a fix.

Thx

What type of DVD burner do you have? Sometimes firmware updates for the burner can help. Also, have you updated your Video Card Drivers?

Hi,

Thx

Also, you may want to read this thread to see if it helps you in any way.

If I understand what has been posted so far, is that from in MyDVD you have tried "burning" your project both to a disc and to either an image file or video folders on a hard drive, correct?

The encoding (or rendering) takes place before the burning.

In the "encoding" window where it stops processing, what does the progress % show? Is it 0%?

Since you can cancel the operation, then it's not really "hanging" or "locking-up", it's just not processing.

So my guess is that it's a video adapter driver problem. Try uninstalling the current video driver and updating tothe most current one. Even if you have the latest installed, uninstall it, reboot, then re-install it You should be able to get the latest ones from Dell, don;t get them thru Windows Update.

Archived