• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New Directx 9 Update

ggrussell

After downloading and installing and rebooting, I ran "dxdiag" and clicking on the "DirectX" (tab) and I thought I would see some reference dates showing June 2008. But the latest I saw was Dec 2007. ???

BTW, thanks Gary for the information.

Frank...

After downloading and installing and rebooting, I ran "dxdiag" and clicking on the "DirectX" (tab) and I thought I would see some reference dates showing June 2008. But the latest I saw was Dec 2007. ???

BTW, thanks Gary for the information.

Frank...

I saw 16 or 17 references to the June 2008 date, then quit counting.

I installed the redist. version.

After running the update for the June 2008 and then ran DXDIAG, I had no dates that showed anywhere near that date, However, like a dummy I forgot to click on the date (tab). Once I did that, I saw many many dates that showed June 2008. duh !!! :blink:

Frank...

After running the update for the June 2008 and then ran DXDIAG, I had no dates that showed anywhere near that date, However, like a dummy I forgot to click on the date (tab). Once I did that, I saw many many dates that showed June 2008. duh !!! :blink:

Frank...

aah, that's the trick in our case to see the updated dates. Thanks, Frank.

At the risk of asking a really dumb question, I assume this DirectX update is irrelevant for those of us working on Vista and who already have DirectX10

What difference , if any, will it make if I update?

Will I notice the difference?

Sounds like another "must have fashion accessory".

You seem to have not loaded WinXP SP3 either. Updates are updates for various reasons. You're choice to download or not. Some companies build their applications 'expecting' these components to be updated. If you run into a app that doesn't work as expected, who will you blame?

You seem to have not loaded WinXP SP3 either. Updates are updates for various reasons. You're choice to download or not. Some companies build their applications 'expecting' these components to be updated. If you run into a app that doesn't work as expected, who will you blame?

I updated to SP3 a couple of weeks ago just forgot to update my signature.

Anyway I wont lose any sleep over Direct X updates. It shouldn't affect EMC 9..........should it?

Archived