Error When Trying To Burn An Iso To D/l Disc

jdwalters

Question

In the past month, I have bought a Sony DRU-840A DL burner and also EMC10. I had a fair amount of difficulty converting my project to an ISO but finally got it to work. However I have not had any luck getting the ISO to burn to the DL disc that I have. I have looked through the forums and some websites and have tried a lot of the suggestions. None of them have made a difference (that I can tell). Here's what's happening:

I double-click on my project, and EMC10 opens up. I make sure that the correct burner is selected (it is connected through USB), and then I click the 'Burn Image' button. It will say "Project Running" for about a second, and then the disc will pop out and the following error message will display:

Sense: 05 ASC: 26 ASCQ: 00 (Command BF)

-------------------------------------------------------

Px.dll: 4.2.58.500

PxAFS.DLL: 4.2.58.500

pxdrv.dll: 1.2.16.0

PxMas.dll: 4.2.58.500

PxSFS.DLL: 4.2.58.500

PxWave.dll: 4.2.58.500

pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

I have tried burning the project from either of the two computers that I have access to, neither of which are very old, and have had the same results. In other forums I've seen the specs requested by other users. Here are mine:

Sony DVD RW DRU-840A USB Device

USBSTOR\CDROM&VEN_SONY&PROD_DVD_RW_DRU-840A&REV_SS01\DRX840UTMP200055CC6&0

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info

Basic Information

Disc type: : DVD+R DL

Book Type : DVD+R DL

Manufacturer: : Ritek

MID : RITEK S04 066 (42h)

Write speeds: : 4 X - 6 X - 8 X

Blank Capacity : 7.96 GB

: 8152 MB

: 8547993600 bytes

Extended Information

Layers : 2

Layer break : 3.98 GB

Write strategies : n/a

Disc Status : Empty

Raw Data

Physical Format Information (00h)

0000 - E1 0F 32 10 00 03 00 00 00 FC FF FF 00 22 D7 FF - ..2.........."..

0010 - 00 00 03 52 49 54 45 4B 00 00 00 53 30 34 42 40 - ...RITEK...S04B@

0020 - 25 25 37 10 00 2C 6C 00 2C 6C 20 1F 0C 0C 14 14 - %%7..,l.,l......

0030 - 02 01 01 20 00 20 1F 0C 0C 14 14 02 01 01 20 00 - ................

I appreciate any help that you all can give me -- I really don't know what to do next.

-Jeff

4 answers to this question

Thanks for taking the time to list so much information.

Is the Drive connected to a front USB port or the rear of the pc in a mother board USB port?

I'm not sure what program opens when you click on the ISO? I would open Video Copy and Convert, load the ISO on the source pane and select disc size at the bottom, on the destination side click burn and choose the burner. I would burn a 2.4x!

If that don't work download the free ImgBurn, # 7 in my signature. Load your ISO and burn at 2.4x, if it works we know it's a software issue. I would suggest you buy Verbatim DVD+R DL disc's in the future. What name brand are your "Manufacturer: : Ritek MID : RITEK S04 066 (42h)" disc's?

cd

Thank you for responding so quickly! I'm not sure how to answer your USB port question -- I'm using primarily a laptop with 3 ports. I'm using the single one in the back, which I would guess is the primary one, if there is such a thing.

I'm not sure what program was opening up (when clicking on the file) either. It would just say Easy Media Creator 10 at the top. I did follow your suggestions, thank you for those.

I tried burning the disc through Roxio Video Copy & Convert (although the slowest I could choose was 4X) and it would burn the disc for a bit and then error out, saying "Write error - Medium error. [03/0C/00]

ImgBurn might have been a little more helpful in figuring out what's wrong. It would not even start without giving an error. The message it gave me was:

Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)

This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.

None of the cells meet the 'DVD-Video specification' criteria for a potential layer break position.

Do you want to continue anyway?

When using MyDVD to create the project, I believe that I had set if for a double density disc because it showed me having the space.

Also, the DVDs that I'm trying to write to are Memorex DVD+R DL. They say that they are recordable, 8X, 8.5 GB, 240 min.

I had a fair amount of difficulty converting my project to an ISO but finally got it to work.

Could you explain that more? What are the source files? How large is the ISO file? Please explain step by step how you "converted my project to a ISO"?

You could try in ImgBurn again and check the test mode and say "Do you want to continue anyway" yes, it doesn't write to the DVD. See if and what other errors you get.

cd

Thanks for taking the time to list so much information.

Is the Drive connected to a front USB port or the rear of the pc in a mother board USB port?

I'm not sure what program opens when you click on the ISO? I would open Video Copy and Convert, load the ISO on the source pane and select disc size at the bottom, on the destination side click burn and choose the burner. I would burn a 2.4x!

If that don't work download the free ImgBurn, # 7 in my signature. Load your ISO and burn at 2.4x, if it works we know it's a software issue. I would suggest you buy Verbatim DVD+R DL disc's in the future. What name brand are your "Manufacturer: : Ritek MID : RITEK S04 066 (42h)" disc's?

cd

Archived