• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trouble With Copy Features

rickc

Question

I have a same problem when using any of the apps within the "Copy" group of features. Whenever I try to burn, copy or write an image, EMC 10 hangs and i eventually have to reset my entire system as it starts to slow down and apps start slowing down or not coming up at all.

It would be great to hear from anyone who may have solved this issue.

Thanks

Hello,

I browsed the kb for an error similar to what's happening to me and I just can't find anything about it, so here it goes.

Using a pretty new Laptop (Dell XPS) with Vista Ultimate 2gb ram, plenty of disc space available, and Intel 2.X Ghz processor.

Everything about MyDVD 10 works fine, I can edit, preview, anything in the project. However, when I go to burn DVD (tried directly to dvd and hard disc) the Burn Project window shows the progress (Encoding Movie) and shortly after (no obvious pattern) everything halts.

The app does not die, if I click cancel it will cancel and take me back to the project, but I just can not get it past where it gets stuck and it's driving me bananas.

I though maybe the combination of pictures and video was doing something so I started deleting pics and videos to see if one of them was causing the system to hang up but nothing.

Is there a log file that shows what or where the encoding process failed? Again, the encoding just stops until I cancel the burn process.

Thank you for your help!!!

ps. Something must have happened because I had no problem burning the first 4-6 projects which were pretty large.

4 answers to this question

I have a same problem when using any of the apps within the "Copy" group of features. Whenever I try to burn, copy or write an image, EMC 10 hangs and i eventually have to reset my entire system as it starts to slow down and apps start slowing down or not coming up at all.

Thanks

You have not given much information! We don't even know what kind of project you are working on. If you are trying to create a DVD, you certainly should not be working in the "copy" group but should be using myDVD. You should also start your own thread instead of jumping into someone elses since your have a different system and and a completely different project.

Pardon me gentlemen, I was not attempting to "hijack" anyones thread. I was simply looking through the boards and saw a problem that was simalar to mine (basicly using the burn/copy process) and added my experience to the thread in hopes it may be closely related and others may comment.

I feel i did provide information specific to my experience. I mention the group of applications I am in (the Copy group) and what i was trying to do (burn an image file) and what happened (the app stops responding and eventually my system).

My apology if it seems I misplaced my post. i have used EMC 9 and now 10 and enjoy its features. I find these boards and community helpful in learning how to use its features and leverage all it capibilities. In this case, the responses have simply come across as unfriendly and unconstructive.

Thanks

Your problem is NOT the same as the thread that you hijacked. That person has problems when encoding from MyDVD.

Archived