• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

relic

How To Set Burn Speed

Question

Hi

This is my 1st post and have checked all the posts in Burning issues, so forgive me if this has been answered before and I`ve missed it.

EMC10- How do I set the burn speed for CD`s, the only option I get in "Burn Image to Disk" or "Copy Disk" etc under Tools> options> General> Advanced is MAX or 32x. I want to set it for 8x or 4x.

EMC 7.5 allowed me to do this.

Hope someone can help

10 answers to this question

Hi

This is my 1st post and have checked all the posts in Burning issues, so forgive me if this has been answered before and I`ve missed it.

EMC10- How do I set the burn speed for CD`s, the only option I get in "Burn Image to Disk" or "Copy Disk" etc under Tools> options> General> Advanced is MAX or 32x. I want to set it for 8x or 4x.

Hope someone can help

What are your trying to burn? Use Creator Classic.

What are your trying to burn? Use Creator Classic.

Just Audio CD`s. I want them to burn at 8x or 4x as this stops them skipping on car CD and Hi-Fi.

Just checked the Creator Classic as you said, and yes it does what I asked. Thanks for that.

Just Audio CD`s. I want them to burn at 8x or 4x as this stops them skipping on car CD and Hi-Fi.

Just checked the Creator Classic as you said, and yes it does what I asked. Thanks for that.

Except, Creator Classic won't burn music CD's. Use Music Disc Creator to create music CD's and Creator Classic to burn data CD's or DVD's.

Except, Creator Classic won't burn music CD's. Use Music Disc Creator to create music CD's and Creator Classic to burn data CD's or DVD's.

Yeah thanks, that was the option I tried. (Well as far as the Burn option, and saw that I could select speed)

BTW using this Music disk creator on default settings, will this add extra pauses between tracks? What I mean is, some tracks merge and I dont want a 2 or 3 second gap inserted. (sorry, if this is obvious from help files etc, but new to this)

Its a pity the "Copy Disk" or "Burn image to disk" doesn`t allow you to select burn speed.

Thanks for the help

Those are the Sonic Home application apps. Most don't use them, you see why! :)

cd

Its a pity the "Copy Disk" or "Burn image to disk" doesn`t allow you to select burn speed.

Oh but they do allow you to change them.Here's a pic of mine.I have 2 drives and both show multiple choices.

I'm not sure that this will influence those choices but make sure that the firmware for your drive is up to the latest revision.

post-85-1212716377.jpg

Oh but they do allow you to change them.Here's a pic of mine.I have 2 drives and both show multiple choices.

I'm not sure that this will influence those choices but make sure that the firmware for your drive is up to the latest revision.

Sadly on that same screen mine only shows MAX or 32x on the dropdown. Maybe its a drive thing (Pioneer DVR-215D)

Thanks for that tho

Hope someone can help

Before opening Options dialog, insert a CD into drive and let system notice it. Then the available speeds should appear on the speed list.

Yeah thanks, that was the option I tried. (Well as far as the Burn option, and saw that I could select speed)

BTW using this Music disk creator on default settings, will this add extra pauses between tracks? What I mean is, some tracks merge and I dont want a 2 or 3 second gap inserted. (sorry, if this is obvious from help files etc, but new to this)

Thanks for the help

Music disc creator does not (by default) insert any extra gap between tracks. You can make it do it, but you have to do that intentionally by adjusting the pre-gap. There is no way to write in TAO mode (which automatically adds two seconds between tracks) any more in Music Disc Creator.

Before opening Options dialog, insert a CD into drive and let system notice it. Then the available speeds should appear on the speed list.

Hey, brilliant!

I guess it was dumb of me not to try with a blank already inserted.

Thank you